Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 05-Jan-2014, 13:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Time to comeback

About 5 years ago I traded my 2004 ST4 bought from 3X for a BMW K1300S, I was always happy with my Ducati ownership and the service I received at WM Snells.

The ST4 was getting tatty and needed money spending on it, work and family commitments meant I needed a bike to ride not fettle. The other problem was neither me or the wife liked the MultiStrada for a tourer so after much hunting around bout a brand new K1300S from North Oxford.

I have enjoyed my time with BMWs both cars and bikes and now run an F800GS used for commuting, blood bikes and associate training with Wiltshire RoADAR. We also have a 90th edition R1200RT for touring. I no longer have a car but a VW California camper for holidays and if the weather is really poor.

This is the year of my 50th on the planet I am determined to return to the fold and get another Ducati. Not sure what it will be but was planning on riding over to MotoRapido and WM Snells for test rides yesterday. The weather stopped that !

Hope to see you out soon.
Old 05-Jan-2014, 18:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Long time no hear or see
Oxon/Berks still meet first Sunday of the month and in the summer often go for a rideout over in the Cotswolds, usually meeting up with the Hant's guys in Newbury.
Hant's region still meet 2nd Sunday of each month at Popham and you will find Roy from the Hant's group behind the counter at Snell's if he's not on one of his many holidays .

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Jan-2014, 22:24
Ducati Meccanica

Well subject to weather I'm going to try again this Saturday to get to Snells and Motorapido to discuss options and organise a test ride or two.
Old 12-Jan-2014, 08:35
Ducati Meccanica

Test rode the 899

Yesterday I went to MotoRapido and Snells, Snells kindly lent me an 899 for test ride. Shame the road conditions were not ideal, but I certainly got the idea.

I will be returning to test the 1199 asap

Mrs YMFB is now on side so its only a matter of which machine, from which dealer and when.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit