Ducati Sporting Club UK
Regional Organisers
A forum for RO's to communicate between each other, swap ideas and coordinate regional happenings etc... Also a space where members could add their ideas about what they would want to see happening in the regions.

Old 30-Mar-2009, 14:22   #1
Montjuic

Mood: GOOD..... ALWAYS GOOD..... Life's too short for anything else
Bristol Rep
Hello one and all. So introductions, once again. To those of you that do not know me, my name is Sean Good (and for those who do know me... sorry) and I have (foolishly) stepped forward as the person to hopefully reinvigorate the local Ducati owners group and the corresponding emails and events (oh what I have done...) for the Bristol Area. Hopefully this will help remind people of the regular bike meets we have, inform people of any events or rideouts that are planned, or simply help keep us all in contact with each other.

As a first step in my new capacity I would like to thank my predecessor Richard Llewellin. He has been the Bristol Rep for as long as I have known, through busy times and quiet times. He has always been a big part of our local group, as well as proving an invaluable service via his garage "Louigi Moto". But fear not, we have not lost Rich. He is still here as strong as ever, but due to work commitments he is not able to take on the full requirement of this role and so as such I kindly stepped forward. I Un-officially took over this role late last year, and my first action... to suggest and organise a Bristol Group Xmas meal. As some of you may know we Bristol Ducatisti currently have a regular meeting on the first Monday of the month at 'The Golden Heart' (Public House) in Winterbourne. In recognition of this they kindly offered to host our Xmas meal. And the event was a big success.

So, I will now be focussing on trying to keep everyone up to date on all the possible activities and events for the group, as well as anything national that people may want to take part in. I am already working very closely with Duncan and Paul in the organisation of the Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival (please feel free to check out the post in 2009 Events).

So I will look forward to speaking to you all, and enjoying some of the fine banter and humour that can be found on this forum.

And for those of you that do not know, we habe three Ducati Meetings per month over here:

First Monday of the month at the Golden Heart pub, Winterbourne Down, Bristol (BS36 1AU) from about 8:00 pm.

Third monday night of the month at the 'Castle Of Comfort', East Harptree, Mendips (BS40 6DD). From 8:00pm

And:

Third Saturday morning of the month at the Bristol Ducati dealers 'Riders' (BS4 5LR). From 10:00am

so anybody interested in popping along... please do. i look forward to seeing you at any of the meets.

Sean
Old 30-Mar-2009, 18:47   #2
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: R1200RT F800GS. Hopefully another Ducati soon

Congratulations if thats the apropriate word, probably too far away for me but you never know.
Old 31-Mar-2009, 00:53   #3
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hi Sean, looks like your in the same boat as me as I have taken over from Karl as the Oxon/Berks RO for 2009

Looks like I may have to plan out a decent route down to Bristol for the the Oxon/Berks lot to ride, any places such as a cafe or services with a Wild Bean Cafe or similar to the North East of Bristol where we could possibly meet up with someone local to be shown the best route into Bristol, from previous visits I can recall how easy it is to make a wrong turn

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 04-Sep-2011, 17:38   #4
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 748 sp,748 bip , 600ss dd,speed triple.

Mood: neeeeeeed piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
are these meetings still current?
Old 05-Sep-2011, 07:45   #5
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sie748
are these meetings still current?

PM sent.

Chris