Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 17-Sep-2004, 15:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
Ducati have always been very loyal to their ex-champs so this is a bit of a surprise, although the MotoGP ride was given him to him when they thought he had the second WSBK title in the bag, - then.....well CE2 proved otherwise.

Troy being a world champ was probabley big money, - Caporossi has to be big money, Sete is too expensive, - I think Xaus will be the boy, - Marlboro will be happy about a Spanish rider, and he is a target for other teams . I think Hodgy might well be a bit upset if that does happen as he has done well this year taking into account injuries, but as has been the case many times before, Brit riders get overlooked. Xaus is the future though, did I say that before? And is a very nice man. Think I might form a fan club??!!
Old 17-Sep-2004, 16:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
sete would do fine on a duke, or edwards

Hmmm, I don't think he'd go very fast on Edwards
Old 17-Sep-2004, 16:26
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Quote:
Originally posted by pedro
sete would do fine on a duke, or edwards

Hmmm, I don't think he'd go very fast on Edwards

no that space is reserved for Rossi!!!! Remember Donington? Nasty.
Old 17-Sep-2004, 16:47
Ducati Meccanica

the "talk" is Marco (nice beret) Melandri to Ducati, - the Italians smokle loads too so that pleases Marlboro!!

Looks like Rossi is talking about wanting Edwards as a team mate!!
Old 17-Sep-2004, 20:58
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Xaus is the future though, did I say that before? And is a very nice man. Think I might form a fan club??!!

Are you speaking from personal experience here, 'cos in every interview I've read with him he comes across as a total sprat...
Old 17-Sep-2004, 22:14
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Are you speaking from personal experience here, 'cos in every interview I've read with him he comes across as a total sprat...

yep, I have met him twice, and have to say out of all of the GP/WSBK "stars" that I have met he is the one that surprised me. Troy Bayliss is also great, he loves to talk bikes and racing and is genuinely pleased if you know something of his racing. Ruben is a really laid back, and just seems to put in that extra bit of nice-ness. A lot of them get a bit fazed with a crowd of faces that they have never met before, - you should see max Biaggi's face, - rabbit caught in the headlights would be descriptive. Ruben just takes it all in, does not come across as wanting to get away, he has time to chat; when I asked him to sign my sons tee shirt he asked his name, his age, and then off his own back wrote a note to my son on a photograph, spoke about how his dad got him into racing, how important it is to start early and so on. The year before he was with us in the Brands paddock, he made a point of saying goodbye as he was off to his hotel and then outside a load of kids were hanging around on their BMX bikes, he stopped and spoke to every one of them, he signed everything asked of him, including this kids tee shirt, - I bet his mum killed him wheb he got home!!
Old 18-Sep-2004, 16:58
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
I met Ruben at an eveing reception held by Ducati Ashford and he seemed a really decent guy

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit