Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Oct-2006, 22:23
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Everybody gets worried tonio when frenchies get interested in revolutions
Old 13-Oct-2006, 22:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Hrmmm... I'll be in Spain on that very weekend!!

It's a conspiracy

I thought the idea of doing it on the Dinner Dance Sunday (29th Oct) was a very good idea.

Do we really need this to go in Pronto? (there's irony for you) I would have thought that 99.9% of those interested are contactable via an avanti if they haven't already read about it on here.

As it was my idea, obviously I'm in favour of it being after the Dinner Dance (or in the afternoon beforehand if that suits people better) but I agree with Dom - does notification really need to go in PRONTO? Riders have been contacted by e-mail throughout the season. Has there been any problem with that? Anyone who is interested in the DD who isn't actually a racer would have been looking on the board (or Dom's sight) for race information so should have seen this thread. I actually think that putting yet more into PRONTO about an unofficial DD/DSC meeting would just irritate members who are not interested. If something is raised at the meeting that affects the whole club and requires a vote from the whole membership, then put it in.
Old 13-Oct-2006, 22:32
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
so nobody got my joke about the 4th of July? how sad... I'm off to bed. Hopefully I'll be funnier tomorrow

I got that joke, Antoine. But you're right, sleep can only help
Old 13-Oct-2006, 22:33
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
I agree with Dom

I thought you were smarter than that

Old 13-Oct-2006, 22:44
Ducati Meccanica

I am Dom

Paul, I really don't think putting a notice in PRONTO will be worth the paper it's printed on. The next PRONTO issue is going to contain the redrafted constitution. I think that's enough for people to think about, if they're going to think about anything. Frankly, I don't think anyone who isn't involved in the racing one way or another already is going to show up.

Avanti would be a good way to notify people if it worked, but it doesn't, as Eamonn has explained recently. Other than that, those that are going could give their fellow DSC mates who might be interested a bell and tell them about - cheaper and quicker way to put those who need to know in the know.
Old 14-Oct-2006, 05:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:

Better?

I love you mate.
Old 14-Oct-2006, 05:01
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
I got that joke, Antoine. But you're right, sleep can only help

Ruth, I love you less.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 09:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
[quote=domski]
I thought the idea of doing it on the Dinner Dance Sunday (29th Oct) was a very good idea.

[quote]

yup i agree with that....it appears as quite a few on the list would be present at the Dinner and dance and for people like dom and chass who live miles away it would save 2 trips.?
Old 16-Oct-2006, 10:30
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
Quote:

yup i agree with that....it appears as quite a few on the list would be present at the Dinner and dance and for people like dom and chass who live miles away it would save 2 trips.?

Yeah, it's a long way from Jerez to Postcombe too!!
Old 16-Oct-2006, 12:46
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

This was discussed at the MT meeting on Saturday and my concept of holding the open members meeting unanimously supported, as was my continuing to work on resolution of the issues regarding Desmo Due in preparation for 2007.

The date has been set as 18th November to allow us the opportunity to put the information in the impending issue of Pronto. This will allow all members to attend should they wish in the true spirit of openness and transparency.

The venue for the meeting will be determined by the geographical locations of all those wishing to attend who also send me their post code, as some of you already have. There is no need for you to send your post code if you have no problem with travelling to the meeting from wherever you are situated.

Please use email: paul.james@ducatisportingclub.com

Should you be unable to attend for any reason but wish your views to be discussed in this open forum please feel free to send an email to: secretary@ducatisportingclub.com with the details.

We will openly discuss any issue you may put forward in a public arena can we agree to save the issues until then so that proper discussion can take place.

It is all too easy to get the false impression that Desmo Due is a totally flawed series, nothing could be further from the truth as the continued enthusiasm of the riders has shown. For some time now I have been promoting the value of rider input to the series. I’ve suggested that they make their offers of help available to us so that we can run the series cohesively with the added benefits that they can bring.

I will have some proposals to put forward to you at the meeting based on in depth consideration of the first two years of our club championship.

Thank you for your ongoing support and enthusiasm, with this I fail to see how 2007 can be any other than the best year yet for Desmo Due !

I have also suggested that we have an open to members, informal meeting each year, possibly at some point during the summer, where general views and suggestions can be made on how the club can be improved in any other respect. This will give an opportunity for Desmo Due to be seen in its proper context by members who don’t compete in the series and to understand that it isn’t the clubs only point of focus. If people join DSC to enter the series surely that is no worse than joining because they want to do the track days or go on the regional rides or get involved in anything else we do ?.

Our club aims to be as all encompassing as possible, Desmo Due is one of the core deliverables available to any member who conforms to the rules and as far as I’m aware a unique opportunity to enter racing inexpensively and with fellow Ducati enthusiasts.

We have no problem with openness and transparency, I am personally happy to talk with any of you on club related issues wherever we may meet. Continuing with bitter forum postings will do no favours to the club or the individuals concerned. Should anyone have an interest in promoting hatred and antagonism I believe the following forum could offer the ideal resources for that: http://www.visordown.com/forums

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.