Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Sep-2009, 22:08
Big Twin

Mood: r
its a shame daz as i know you treat your bike with nothing but care, no trackdays etc.. however cast your mind back..i did warn you.
Old 01-Oct-2009, 14:50
Mille

Mood: twitching
Unhappy

Demand a courtesy bike when you drop it off to be worked on. Thats the least the dealership and manufacture can offer. This is the easiest win for you at present...sorry

I can sympathize about the wife bit.. want to say shut up but its a free lift back and forth to the dealership
Old 01-Oct-2009, 17:19
Big Twin

Mood: Bike or Yacht..... tough choice on sunny day ;-)
I have mixed feeling on this topic.

My tricolore has had most of the above faults remeidied under warranty, which has just run out.

Part of me dreads the bike developing a fault at some point which costs a fortune to repair, and has probably been 'developing' for a while but now the warranty is up....

..... in fact only yesterday the left mirror fell off !

its the 2p circlip issue, and to their credit Snells have ordered me one under goodwill, but how long does goodwill last and for what size of repair !!??

Still love the bike though
Old 02-Oct-2009, 12:03
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
Daz

How ******* annoying - not great for you home life either....

New bikes costing this kind of money should not have that may faults - minor or not

I bought a new Kawasaki in 98 - 7k - new model.......any faults....errrrr..no

If we lived in any other country............................we would not be discussing whether this was ok
Old 02-Oct-2009, 19:44
Bikes: Recent bikes: ZX6R (05), GSXR1000 (K2), 998S (02),

Mood: Generally good
Know the feeling...

Daz, you bring back harrowing memories for me!

I had a 998S back in 2002 that was off the road 5 months out of the 9 months I owned it. Dealer couldn't find the problem (mysterious oil leaks). Eventually it got fixed (sent back to Ducati UK, needed new cylinder sleeves if I recall, after a full engine strip was conducted), and then the clutch gave up on my first outing

That was the last straw and I sold it vowing never to buy another Ducati... and here I am now thinking about my next bike and thinking about a Ducati!! Do we never learn?

I sent a stinking email to the then UK Sales Director of Ducati UK, livid at the quality of build for such an expensive bike and the lack of service in sorting problems. They refused to give me a replacement bike, and I lost 5k out of the 15k I paid (I had a few extras fitted ). Any premium brand in the car market would not get away with it, and I'm with the others who've commented that your and my experiences are simply not good enough. Sounds like they've improved since 02 but not by as much as they need to. Trouble is they make georgious bikes that go like nothing else (on a good day)

I hope it all gets sorted out promptly. Let us know - we'll be waiting for the news!

Best regards
Old 02-Oct-2009, 21:11
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
Thanks for your surport guys,,,If the weather is good saturday morning i will take it up to JHP ducati coventry to get the diognostics light sorted,,it only comes on now and again but when its on the bike either stalls or cant start it,,,will let you all know how i get on,,,,,