Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Aug-2012, 14:29
Mille
Bikes: Class B 600ss #99

Dd bikes for sale?

Been on the look out for a dd bike for sale for the last few weeks and was just curious if there tend to b many people selling up at the end of each season as there don't seem to b a great deal of bikes for sale about. I know that's because everyone is racing them throughout the season but was thinking do many bikes become available after the season ends? I guess this is the 1st and probably only site they may b advertised on and I guess there is probably more people looking to buy a dd bike than actually come up for sale. So was wondering what everyone who is thinking of racing a dd bike next year is doing? Do they already have a bike,hope they can buy one at the end of season or r just converting a road bike themselves? I would like to convert a road bike from scratch myself but for my 1st attempt at having a go at racing would be after the cheapest option which would b to buy a already converted bike. I've seen quite a few Honda cb500s for sale with spares around £1500 or less and that is the sort of budget I would have. Do many dd bikes come up for sale around that sort of price?
Old 08-Aug-2012, 15:13
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campo
Been on the look out for a dd bike for sale for the last few weeks and was just curious if there tend to b many people selling up at the end of each season as there don't seem to b a great deal of bikes for sale about. I know that's because everyone is racing them throughout the season but was thinking do many bikes become available after the season ends? I guess this is the 1st and probably only site they may b advertised on and I guess there is probably more people looking to buy a dd bike than actually come up for sale. So was wondering what everyone who is thinking of racing a dd bike next year is doing? Do they already have a bike,hope they can buy one at the end of season or r just converting a road bike themselves? I would like to convert a road bike from scratch myself but for my 1st attempt at having a go at racing would be after the cheapest option which would b to buy a already converted bike. I've seen quite a few Honda cb500s for sale with spares around £1500 or less and that is the sort of budget I would have. Do many dd bikes come up for sale around that sort of price?

In short yes. i have a road going monster just wants preping for DD a few hours & a set of dunlops £1200
Old 08-Aug-2012, 17:41
Bikes: 600ss

Hi,

There is a nice 600ss on Ebay at the moment in good condition for only £800 cash price......Looks ripe to be turned into a race bike, It's got no MOT or Tax but then you wouldnt need this unless you were gona put a daytime MOT on it.

The Ebay number is..... Item number: 320957562698

Thanks

Chad.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 17:49
Mille

Thanks for the replies I'm watching the supersport and also a monster at the min.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 18:23
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s, 600ss

My 600ss is up for sale and ready to go at the moment. Is in the DD bikes for sale forum. There are a couple of others there too I think.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 18:38
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerBunny
My 600ss is up for sale and ready to go at the moment. Is in the DD bikes for sale forum. There are a couple of others there too I think.

Have seen ur bike but for some reason had assumed it was sold. That would b ideal. I I need to get my cbr sold so I have some cash waiting for a dd bike.
Old 08-Aug-2012, 20:51
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campo
Have seen ur bike but for some reason had assumed it was sold. That would b ideal. I I need to get my cbr sold so I have some cash waiting for a dd bike.

As Bionicle said, his bike will be up for sale at the end of the season, heads, belts etc done at the begining of the season by Alistair Wager, (google him if you have not heard of him)fresh oil and filter every 3 meetings, resprung and serviced ( three months ago) Nitron rear shock, resprung and serviced forks only last month, P4 calipers, radial master cylinder, aluminium rear swinging arm, etc.

Even if you bought a 600ss off ebay for £800 by the time you have it race ready you will have spent nearly £2k just to get it to any where near some of the ready to race bikes.

If you want to have a look at Bionicles bike, it is in my garage, just ask him and you could pop over to my place in Waddington to see it.

Chris
Old 08-Aug-2012, 21:29
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I'm just building one up at the moment
Nothing to special and may look to sell as part finished once I have it running as I'm not sure what fairing and seat to go with as many prefer their own look and when you look at the DD grid there are uite a few different looking ones out there
So far its got a few bits added suited to a DD bike
Such as Dynojeted Carbs and Hi-flow airfilter
Race Supplies Direct rearsets
Race Can
Stripped down harness

Could add an Alloy arm and Alloy tank but those sort of things push the price up

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Aug-2012, 22:11
Mille

Seems like there are or will b more bikes available than I thought. Don't think I'll need to look at converting one myself just yet then.
Old 09-Aug-2012, 08:50
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

If you want to save money I would advise that you buy a race ready bike. Somebody else will have already taken the major hit on costings. However, I didnt do that and coverted a road bike into a race once, this is a much more expensive route but there are benifts. Like most things in club racing, it comes down to your budget.

Last edited by Spjallen : 09-Aug-2012 at 11:29.