Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 12-May-2003, 14:01
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
The boys done good - everyone should know the results by now, but it\'s here anyway

Rossi
Biaggi
Bayliss

OK so Rossi still cleared off into the distance, BUT another podium finish in the third race!!!

And after Ducati had rattled everyones cage with a 1 and 2 in qualifying. I reckon we could be looking at the same result in a race before the end of the season, especially if Rossi has an off day.

Bayliss is having an impressive start in MotoGP, especially since he's still learning circuits. OK, so Capirossi tends to outqualify him (by 100th of a second at Jerez), but Loris seems to be under a bit of pressure as the Italian rider who's also got MotoGP experience. At the moment it seems he could do with the Finnish rally drivers pun "To finish first, first you have to finish"

Old 12-May-2003, 14:54
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
what I liked was the Bayliss attitude, - he was peed off with just 3rd, and bored racing on his own, - even Rossi laughed. I really believe the guy is earning more respect with each Moto GP he has done. He has proved that he is not afraid of the Rossi's position, - and that he realises that he could get a better overall position at the end of the year than Capo but showing a little more restaint than his team mate.
I cannot wait for Donnington, - I think if Ducati get the setup right, and Bayliss will have an advantage here, we are on for a win from "our" boy Bayliss.
Old 12-May-2003, 17:32
Bevel Head

the boys done good !

what about Capirossi lighting up the rear tyre going across the rumble strips - jeezz

absolutely amazing stuff
Old 12-May-2003, 17:55

Empressive is the fact he is third in the championship points, early days indeed but still. 5th, 4th now third, so Mugello for a win at that rate.
Old 12-May-2003, 23:46
Bevel Head

Mood: Half asleep
Traction

It does still seems that we are still suffering from traction problems when laying down all that power!! if Ducati could just get that sorted then watch out Honda!!!

Still makes me laugh though just thinking about Bayliss being bored with 200+HP
Old 13-May-2003, 00:46
500SD

just awesome watching capriossi going sideways around the track!
who cares if doesnt win or get near! i could watch him doing that all day!
truly awesome stuff
Old 13-May-2003, 01:15
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
If only he could do it all day, would have been another good points scoring finish if he had stayed on, Ducati could do with the points in the manufactures championship.
Old 15-May-2003, 09:46
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Bayliss

Brilliant to see and just like in WSB last year he is so pleased just to be there and is racing because he loves it. Who can forget the interview at the end of the WSB season when he was so humble in defeat. A true champion.
Old 15-May-2003, 10:10
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
We just need Michelin to develop a tyre that will withstand the huge pounding the desmosedici is dishing out and then it might be a truly different story..

Then we will see some riding cos Rossi will have to up the stakes once again. For some reason I think he's up to the challenge
Old 16-May-2003, 13:24
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Agree with Guido, fantastic to see Capirossi sliding the Sedici, and Baylis on the podium-the genuine 'no worries' Aussi.
But-Rossi is on another level, sliding the Honda round the turns at the end just to show he can and to amuse the crowd. Don't get me wrong I want to see Ducati on the top step as much if not more than most-that's why I'm riding down to Mugello in 2 weeks time-can't wait. I think the traction problems that Corsa are having is more to do with too much power rather than anything else. That thing is a MISSILE, fastest Gp bike ever, and lets not forget guys it's only it's THIRD race, most of the other manufacturers have got at least 12 months racing behind them. And thats where they are-behind the Ducati.

John

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit