Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Aug-2006, 15:52
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
Yellow R1 !

Firstley,for anyone who dosn't know me,i was the yellow R1 rider !!!

So,appologies to anyone,whom i may have offended in the way they were overtaken,by me,at Cadwell on tuesday !

I didn't mean to put anyone at risk,upset or offend anyone.

As a regular track rider,you see varying abilties,as such,there will always be someone,whose quicker,than you or i.Fact is,having paid,my money i was in the fast group,to ride fast !.
Having said that,(imoa),there may have been certain people,in the wrong groups,as such,there was a bit of traffic,for me anyhow,on the odd occasion,so i dealt with them,in what i deemed appropriate overtakin manouvers,clearly,not everyone approved !,sorry again !,i'm well aware that certain people were out on dd bikes,and havn't got he speed down the straights,but there were some well ridden ones in the bloody corners,i can tell you.
I spoke to WJB,and he expressed the views of a few members,who,in there oppinion,had been passed,discurtiousley,or too aggressivelly,and generally been ****ed off,his comments were acknowledged !.

All in all,a good day,was had,by all,other than my mate,who high sided his R1,@ park,and couldn't continue the rest of the days riding,he's fine,bike will take a little longer, !,a few of you will be wishing it had been me,i'm sure !,but it wasn't,so,till next time,nernernerner !

Simon Reed

Last edited by Simon Reed : 23-Aug-2006 at 16:05.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 16:01
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I wasn't there fella, so can only read from your post.
Sorry if I'm wrong, but... why is there a need to get past the slower riders going INTO corners when you're riding an R1? Surely there's no reason not to wait patiently behind in the corners and blow them away down the straight bits.
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Old 23-Aug-2006, 16:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
I wasn't there fella, so can only read from your post.
Sorry if I'm wrong, but... why is there a need to get past the slower riders going INTO corners when you're riding an R1? Surely there's no reason not to wait patiently behind in the corners and blow them away down the straight bits.
Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

I agree, if they were slower as you say and in the wrong group then they are easy to pass for someone of your speed and experience so why pass close ?
Old 23-Aug-2006, 16:50
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
You lot on your Riceburners *wag Finger* *tut* etc Well, at least you know now it wasn't appreciated and you bothered to say sorry. Just don't do it again, OK!
Old 23-Aug-2006, 17:01
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I was one of the people that you overtook. I think it was three times altogether. Once was about halfway down the start finish straight and one more time driving out of Charlies 2 - perfectly fair moves and only to be expected when you're on a 583 cc Ducati in the same group as litre bikes.

You did mug me when I was on a 996 and driving for the apex on the first right hander of the gooseneck though - I was already commited when you stuffed it up the inside of me and I had to stand my bike up a bit sharpish. Messed up my line into the left hander and ran a bit too wide for comfort.

I didn't mention it to any of the organisers because I've done a few trackdays and had some moves put on me before. As it happened there was no harm done, I dealt with it, and it all ended without any tears.

My own bike was knackered though, so I was on borrowed bikes all day on a 'you bend it, you mend it' basis - consequently I was keeping a little bit in hand and probably only going at 9/10ths. I would've been miffed if you'd sent me grasstracking and landed me with a repair bill though and like the other folks posts above I couldn't work out why you overtook me there when it would've been easier just to change your line just a little and sling it past me on the inside at the exit or use the R1 power to outdrag me down the hill into Mansfield. You could've taken me much easier, with no hassle to me, just 50 yards later

Like I say though, I wasn't one of the people that moaned about you to the marshalls/instructors - just one of those things in my book. Full marks for offering a public appology to everybody though. Top man!

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 23-Aug-2006, 17:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Has to be said that "etiquette" was a little lacking on the second day but no real harm done?

See what happens when ya let the rice burners on......................cement dust everyone could see that there was cement dust (in best John McEnroe voice)

Ray.
Old 23-Aug-2006, 17:23
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
I was on my R1 too on the second day Simon.

The shear power and accelleration of the R1 has to be ridden to be appreciated, but taming it was a problem at first for me and passing the DD guys on the straights at around 40mph faster did seem hairy...

I did manage to man-handle her round but wheelying everywhere, as she does, but in the end was enjoying the DD bike so much I did the last couple of sessions on the 583 in the Inters group.

The DD bike are a real hoot to ride, try one.

Andy
Old 23-Aug-2006, 17:54
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Fair play to you Simon for putting your hand up and apologising I suspect(know) that you weren't the main offender. Case closed.-See you next year, on a Duke perhaps?

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 23-Aug-2006, 17:57
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Fair play to you Simon for putting your hand up and apologising I suspect(know) that you weren't the main offender. Case closed.-See you next year, on a Duke perhaps?

John

Well put, if he's good enough to say sorry then thats that. Top man.

(but i'll still block pass him next year !!) Joke!!!

748RS race bike (well, 853 but who\'s counting!)
999S road bike,

www.motorapido.co.uk