Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Apr-2005, 13:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Pete

I'm 6'3" and used to weigh 17.5 stone (been on a diet) and also have a wrist that has been smashed to pieces with limited movement.

My 996 is fitted with helibars which make a huge difference, higher screen, essential to avoid windblast, and a technosel foam seat.

Apart from cramped legs at the end of a long day, i happily leave the Multistrada at home and take the 996 to Europe.

maybe the old beer belly helped support on long trips, i'll find out soon

Not as comfy as a tourer on autoroutes, but we try and avoid them and ride the more fun roads, and still manage to walk to the bar at the end of a full days riding.

You're not a million miles away in Burton on Trent so you could always try mine for size sometime if that helps.

[Edited on 22-4-2005 by BDG]
Old 22-Apr-2005, 15:03
Mille

Thanks lads for the info, and BDG I appreciate the offer mate although I may not take you up on that as arranging time is difficult around my work, I never know when I can get the time

I will still consider a 748/916 but try to get a test ride from a shop some time,(here's hoping)

Know of any place's in the midlands who will let me out on a bike for a few hours???

Old 22-Apr-2005, 15:37
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by 900SL Pete
Thanks lads for the info, and BDG I appreciate the offer mate although I may not take you up on that as arranging time is difficult around my work, I never know when I can get the time

I will still consider a 748/916 but try to get a test ride from a shop some time,(here's hoping)

Know of any place's in the midlands who will let me out on a bike for a few hours???

Italia Moto in Lincoln are pretty good with test rides. Mind you, the new deomnstrators are going to be the new range of bikes but I doubt they will have a problem letting you take out one of the 2nd handers. For purposes of "size" you don't mind what it is in the 748/9xx range really.

01522 511851 and speak to Tony.
Old 22-Apr-2005, 23:49
Mille

Cheers HW I might give them a try I can even take a ride over one Saturday when its not schedulled to rain.
Old 23-Apr-2005, 03:04
GTL

I'm 6' 1''and find the 916 way more comfortable than the SP3 - something to do with relative seat-pegs-bars position I think. Also, I seem to sit "in" the SP3 and "on" the 916. A test ride I the only way to find out!

Good luck

Andrew
Old 25-Apr-2005, 22:07

I'm 6'' 2' 15+ st and had the same thoughts before landing a 916.
What you have to do is dial it in to your spec.
I have fitted rearsets (DBR) which by the way are not Ducati Performance type but have more adjustment. These do not cramp your style just give more options.
Secondly get the suspension and ride height adjusted (a lot of people get twitchy about this but it pays to experiment) to your needs, ie road or track etc.
Thirdly get a Corse Screen (Skidmarks £45.00) and finally as mentioned before go, for adjustable bars, I didn't but it's all down to comfort and preference.
Unfortunately you will not get all this until you have parted with your cash and done the deed, but speaking from experience I have not regreted the day.
At the end of the day you will own tailormaid bike which will return more satisfaction than any other bike. Remember a 916,996,998 is a class act and there isn't anything today or round the corner that will give the same ammount of smiles per mile, personnally speaking.

[Edited on 25-4-2005 by M55Russ]