Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Sep-2004, 03:57
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
A massive thank you

I`ve got to post something after this evenings events,so I thought here`s a good as place as any..........recently my T8 hasn`t been running to well,not quite it`s usual self,poor starting(nearly didn`t start at all leaving KeefyBoys for Rockingham)need to rev it a bit harder to keep up and a general loss of crispness,need of a service me thinks,anyway, trundling over to see my mechanic/engineer this afternoon for a coffee and a chin wag I looked down and saw a red light on,the battery one oh bubber I thought,keep going,don`t stop now it might get me there.A bit further up the road the light goes out loose connection me thinks,get to the main mans and I can`t find neutral hmm...no dash lights,check fusebox,fuse blown,loose connection or short looking like the problem(cheaper than an alternator or rectifier me thinks )
Put new fuse in,soon as you turn ignition on BANG fuse blows straight away dead short somewhere.The time is now 4.00pm and my mechanic/engineer is finishing of a bike which is being collected by a customer from Grantham(some 100+miles away) so he says "I`ll just finish this and I`ll have a look at it"
After removing all the bodywork and disconnecting all the items which used that fuse we still had a dead short and it was past 7.00pm.We (and I use that term loosely) traced the wire thru the loom,yes removing the heat shrink,how quickly it was blowing fuses something had to be going straight to earth,eventually finding the fuse covering the indicators,dash lights and warning lights also goes to the rectifier Oh dear me thinks,this is gonna get expensive,luckily the main man had a genuine ducati upgrade/modified one in stock,so the old one was removed,back plate modified(mines on the headstock) new one fitted and tested,loom sealed up and cable tied back on and bodywork put back on.After we`d refuelled on a delivered takeaway and put the bike back together it was gone 10.00pm on a Saturday night!
Hit the button and away she goeslights are brighter too,someone had commented they were a really yellow light previously,I just put it down to the age of the bike,the midrange is back and the whole bike feels alive again

So a massive thank you to Carl Harrison Enginnering I know Wheelspin and quite a few others use him and one or two met him on a Lincs rideout a few weeks back.The man is a wizard around Ducs with a real passion for 851/888s.So if you`re round Norfolk/Suffolk way give him look,sorry about the long post but I can`t thank him enough,all for under £1*# including parts!

His Tel 01379 852020

[Edited on 12-9-2004 by sparkin]
Old 12-Sep-2004, 09:56
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
That is what you call dedication........

Good on you for plugging him Sparkin.
Old 13-Sep-2004, 01:03
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Sounds like a good bloke...who obviously thinks that working on someones bike is a privalege.
This is the best place to recommend him, methinks!
Old 17-Sep-2004, 00:24
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
You know the Guy "better looking KB" he was on the lincolnshire blat a few weeks back, on the silver infostrada 996