Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Oct-2004, 14:37
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Baines racing newsletter + 851 article coming soon

Not connected in any way blah blah...just thought you 4V guys might be interested:

"Dear All,

This is number two of my occasional series of newsletters keeping you abreast of current events at Baines Racing. I hope you will not mind receiving it and should you wish to be removed from this list then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Summer and Autumn have both been busy times for us here with Project Imola really taking off as well as our normal service and tuning work to get through. The British market seems rather quieter than normal and we have had busier seasons but compared to many of our peers things have been hectic! As we approach November our big Winter rebuilds and tuning/blueprint jobs are starting to arrive. These take the place of normal servicing work while the Sun takes a break and normal routine will not be resumed until March time. Project Imola continues to go from strength to strength with the press following in hot pursuit! I have now completed a full cosmetic and mechanical build for a chap in Cyprus and the 'bike has turned out really well. Mortons publishing group were here last week to roadtest it and came back seemingly very happy. They plan a two part article with the second section covering the build of the kit, supported by photographs. This might be an interesting article for those of you contemplating an Imola of your own?

We had a stand at the Munich Intermot show recently and thank you to those of you who came to say hullo! It was the first time that our project 'bikes had been taken abroad to gauge reaction. Well, it was quite simply overwhelming! We were quite close to Ducati's own official stand and we were courting their staff and bosses, including Ing. Mengale, who all were much impressed by what they saw. Public opinion seemed to be that out Imola 'bikes were far more faithful to the original idea than Ducati's own classic range. We have come away from the show with several firm orders and the prospect of appointing importerships in various countries including the States, Japan and Germany once their legislative procedures have been complied with. All in all the show was a huge if tiring success!

Bike magazine are carrying an article on the 851 range including the SP2 & 3 which we were asked to help with. It will be in their December issue (on sale Nov 5th) so make sure you get a copy if this will interest you.

Anyway, that's all for now but hope is well with you all and I'll write again in the new year.

Best,

Roland Elworthy
BAINES RACING"
Old 15-Oct-2004, 00:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Thanks Frank...If you have a look at the bike mag there referring to...you might also see a few words and a picture from some tosspot of a 888 owner ...

Nat
Old 15-Oct-2004, 02:40
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Ahhhh - been pre-empted have I ???

Piccies then ???

Frank