Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jun-2005, 16:11
Mille

Mood: red and proud !!!!
u2u
Old 14-Jun-2005, 16:35
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
When I bought my 57mm system dealer told me I could run bike without race ecu if I wasn't bothered about an extra 1000 revs and they made sure fueling was OK. if they coded the ecu to my bike it can only be done once so you can't sell the system with that ecu, it would need a new one. They also said it was possible to install the race ecu without coding it but I'm not certain that works
Old 14-Jun-2005, 19:56
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
When I bought my 57mm system dealer told me I could run bike without race ecu if I wasn't bothered about an extra 1000 revs and they made sure fueling was OK. if they coded the ecu to my bike it can only be done once so you can't sell the system with that ecu, it would need a new one. They also said it was possible to install the race ecu without coding it but I'm not certain that works

Interesting this. I was told by Ducati Glasgow that the key is coded to the clocks and that you can change ecus without any problem. They also said for regular road use the Termis (on a 749 anyway) worked best with the standard ecu rather than the race ecu.

Lastly, if you cant get a receipt, why not get a PC111 and sort the fuelling that way. On Ebay they go for about £150.

Hope you get ot sorted, but as others have mentioned I reckon its got more to do with the "service"
Old 14-Jun-2005, 20:41
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by 749er

Interesting this. I was told by Ducati Glasgow that the key is coded to the clocks and that you can change ecus without any problem. They also said for regular road use the Termis (on a 749 anyway) worked best with the standard ecu rather than the race ecu.

Even more interesting it was the mechanic at Ducati Glasgow who told me it was ecu. They did say the same abut the race ecu not always being best for road riding as its set up more for higher rev riding, I wont fit mine till i can afford a PC3 and dyno time which won't be this month as i need tyres
Old 14-Jun-2005, 21:16
Mille

Mood: On the mend!
I'm sure that the fueling and CO2's can be adjusted independent of the ecu. I too have been told the std ecu works better and helps eliminate cutting out.

I've got a receipt but it's 2003 if it helps.
Old 14-Jun-2005, 21:43
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Thanks to all who have responed to this call for help and i would like to say that someone in Ducati has read this post and is not happy with me ! I thank you all for your help but please don't write any more on this posting. If you would like to U2U me then please do so.

Does anyone know where i can by a Hayabusa you don't get these problems with Suzuki Bikes Only Playing!
Old 15-Jun-2005, 00:37
Mille

Well whilst they're reading this perhaps I could add that I don't like having a bike that cuts out at junctions, a bike that their official dealer can't provide a front indicator bulb for and a bike where the speedo goes into warp drive and has a mind of it's own.

So there!
Old 15-Jun-2005, 00:42
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
Nice Very nice
Old 16-Jun-2005, 20:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally posted by ttstu
Well whilst they're reading this perhaps I could add that I don't like having a bike that cuts out at junctions, a bike that their official dealer can't provide a front indicator bulb for and a bike where the speedo goes into warp drive and has a mind of it's own.

So there!

Then again, maybe they shouldn't be reading this and get on with chasing real issues the concern their customers and dealers.

Had the same problem with cutting out was told "we will sort it out at the first service" That is really shoddy IMHO. No doubt I am not the only one to be caught out with a dead motor half way cross a roundabout with a truck looming.

Then there are Twinfans brakes. No doubt any number of other issues that could be being addressed by the folks at HQ instead of browsing these boards.

Or am I wrong? Do they read these boards and act upon what they read?
Old 17-Jun-2005, 01:06
Mille

From their point of view it is excellent feedback about there product but you do wonder if they act upon it.

I had a similar issue with my Aprilia. Very long story. Any how in the end I resorted to ****ging Aprilia UK off big time on the two main Aprilia websites knowing they lurk. I get a call on my mobile offering me some Aprilia gloves if I'd stop. Never got the gloves either. The up shot was that at least two people didn't buy an Aprilia as a result of my posts.

So under estimamte the power of the web at your peril.

[Edited on 16-6-2005 by ttstu]