Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Aug-2005, 14:29
Big Twin

Thinking of selling ??? UPDATE ?

After only managing to do about 900 miles in the last year due to ill health I am considering selling my 749R.
I have ME along with a minor heart problem that leaves me absolutely wrecked after being on my bike and with a lot of weight being on my arms I am finding it very hard to ride any distance without severe discomfort.
I was going to buy some bar risers to see if that would help but do not really want to spend any more with the bike costing virtually £17,000 !!!! when I might be unable to use it anyway.
The spec is as follows,
Ducati 749R 2004/04 1800 very dry miles, Full carbon model.
Polished Termignoni exhaust with carbon cover, ecu and filters, Sargent carbon look seat with Italian flag logo , Alloy Fuel Cap, Carbon fork top adjusters, carbon hugger,carbon front mudguard, carbon tank pad cover,carbon seat hump cover,carbon sprocket cover, carbon heel plates, carbon exhaust guard, Dark tint DB screen, white front number board, clear lights set with LED rear light,Hand made Ducati Corse frame plugs , Alloy clutch cover with window, Fast By Ferracci Slipper Clutch, small alloy number plate holder.

I have listed the bike here to try,
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/49617.htm

[Edited on 6-9-2005 by iang]
Old 30-Aug-2005, 14:50
GTL

Ian,

Very sorry to hear about your health problems. I contracted (caught? acquired? Whatever) ME back in 1996. It took me over 5 years to get back to anywhere near the state I was in before-hand, but I am now 99% recovered. I'll send you a U2U with some details of things that helped me (Apologies if you have "heard it all before").

Regarding the bike, can't give you much idea of the value, but I hope you decide not to sell...you CAN get on top of ME, and a 749R sounds like a pretty good incentive!

All the best,

Ian
Old 30-Aug-2005, 15:05
Big Twin

Cheers Ian, yes would appreciate any advice from a fellow sufferer.
Doctors says do a bit more each day but when i do try and do a bit more I am completely wrecked the next day.
Even going on the bike,once I get home and 'try' to get my leathers off I feel drained and am more often than not asleep on the settee in front of the tv by 8.30.
I will see how it goes and I would like another bike, its just having the sort of bike that makes me so uncomfortable after every ride just doing nothing most of the time makes me think of buying something more comfortable and cheaper
Old 30-Aug-2005, 19:31
Big Twin

Its a gorgeous bike, if it was mine, I'd be gutted to sell it!

Now...if only I could spare some cash!
Old 31-Aug-2005, 02:25
Montjuic

I've just bought a new 749 and would like some goodies. Would you sell any parts seperatly? Are some of the original 749R parts you've replaced better than those on my 749? A slipper clutch is at the top of the list if you'd sell me one.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 09:45
Mille

I would also luv some of those bits for my 749r especialy the sargent seat its a top item but i do understand if u want to sell it all together and im also sorry to hear about your health props.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 09:49
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Good luck , I've been advertising mine for £10k for weeks now , not one phone call
Old 31-Aug-2005, 11:59
Big Twin

£10k and no takers ?????????

On a bike that was £14k only a year ago, apparently the most desirable model in the range, limited edition,sought after, full carbon ??
What is going on with Ducatis, does no one want them any more or what ?
My local dealer has one up for £11.5k completely standard and has just sold one a couple of weeks ago for the same price, another two were in MCN for £11,995 at dealers, so how come at £10k you have not sold it ?

Even a proton keeps its value better than that !!!

[Edited on 1-9-2005 by iang]
Old 31-Aug-2005, 12:46
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I know of one or two 04 models which were sold for 11K new with a full leo vinci system in the deal.

Unfortunately it's a buyers market, weather has been crap and it's verging on autumn too I guess now, as has been said previously if you can afford to persevere with it, it's a great bike
Old 31-Aug-2005, 20:18
Montjuic

I've seen secondhand bike prices drop hugely this year, you can get early ZX12R's, 02 plate R6's and mint Hornet 900's for as little as 3 grand. Older bikes are almost worthless you can pick up decent Ducati 900ss's for under a grand.
By the way I'm still interested in some of your bits especially a slipper clutch if you'll split them.
Sorry about your illness, if I was you I'd keep the Duke and enjoy it when you can. It's a hell of a bike even just to have in the garage.