Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 06-Nov-2005, 23:35
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Never was there a time when the saying "Make or Break" is more fitting......

Think he has talent....the real racers metal brain etc...? I'm not sure about after this year. Guess we'll see during the first tests at Jerez in the New Year. Although the first race will be a more telling test for him.
Old 07-Nov-2005, 10:12
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Im sure every one commented like this last year with "careless chuka"!
Old 07-Nov-2005, 10:31
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What are Ducati thinking about????

Rossi's already got Giveupnow beaten,mentally & on the bike,at least he'll have some new excuses!!
I think his first one is "red doesn't suit my riding style!!"
Old 07-Nov-2005, 10:36
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
I wonder what this could do to potential sales figures for Ducati sportsbikes next season.
Will surely loose the 'must haves' that will buy the latest model based on their favourite race god............
Old 07-Nov-2005, 10:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Hmmm... I've never liked Sete and his performance this year has seen more unforced errors than ever, BUT, his season has some interesting stats.

He's the best qualifier, won the BMW by over 2 secs. He's led more race laps than anyone else, but critically, not the last yard of those important last laps......................

I'll get my coat.
Old 07-Nov-2005, 10:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I wonder what Sete's developement skills are like, when he was on a non factory bike in 2004 he got it to a level that was better than the works Honda's and was a challenge to Rossi. This year his factory bike was also very fast, mainly in quallifying but was also up the front of a few races before he had a rush of blood to the head.
Maybe over the winter testing he will help take the bikes developement forward especially in partnership with Bridgestone.
Agreed Ducati need to pickup a young up and coming rider at some point but they also need to keep their development on pace with both Yamaha and Honda and ahead of Suzuki and Kawasaki and for this you need a rider that can push the bike to the limit which is something Sete can still do as he proved by picking up a BMW car this weekend.
Hopefully when next season gets under way Ducati will be in a position to push for a win from the very first race.
Time will tell !
Old 07-Nov-2005, 15:33
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
..well we sack a Spanish for another Spanish..
back home...AREN'T HAPPY......
Brogins
Old 07-Nov-2005, 15:39
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by CK and AK
I wonder what this could do to potential sales figures for Ducati sportsbikes next season.
Will surely loose the 'must haves' that will buy the latest model based on their favourite race god............

No way is he a race god now surely????
Old 07-Nov-2005, 15:41
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
I wonder what Sete's developement skills are like, when he was on a non factory bike in 2004 he got it to a level that was better than the works Honda's and was a challenge to Rossi. This year his factory bike was also very fast, mainly in quallifying but was also up the front of a few races before he had a rush of blood to the head.
Maybe over the winter testing he will help take the bikes developement forward especially in partnership with Bridgestone.
Agreed Ducati need to pickup a young up and coming rider at some point but they also need to keep their development on pace with both Yamaha and Honda and ahead of Suzuki and Kawasaki and for this you need a rider that can push the bike to the limit which is something Sete can still do as he proved by picking up a BMW car this weekend.
Hopefully when next season gets under way Ducati will be in a position to push for a win from the very first race.
Time will tell !

Good points Skids, lets just wait and see shall we.

Maybe the Gibbon will develop the bike to a level that will allow Cappirex to win more races? Cos lets face it, I can't see the Gibbon doing any winning, not after Vale mindfu*ked him!
Old 07-Nov-2005, 16:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Exactly John, Loris is still a winner but he needs to start the season on a par with the likes of Rossi and not playing catch-up all the time and if that is something that Sete can help them with then it will be a sound move.
Now lets get a proper Ducati satellite team sorted and get some young guns on them and groom them for a future in the works team

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit