Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Apr-2006, 14:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
not for me.

not with all those DD lunatics screaming around the place.

You're not going to do the DSC days at Cadwell?

!
Old 27-Apr-2006, 14:29
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyX
Quote:
Originally posted by revdecal
Hmmmmmmm....FE? rings a bell? Not just me then?

although I have my reservations regarding certain organisers and would use 100PC where possible

That'll be fairly hard as they went bump last year after owing MSV quite a considerable sum of money.... allegedly
Old 27-Apr-2006, 19:23
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally posted by razz

OTOH on the continent the attitude seems to be "after you, Claude". I know which I prefer! I've always put it down to the "social" side of days abroad - you all stay in the same hotel and drink together and the anti-social riders just don't seem to attend.

Sorry. must disagree, just got back from doing a track day at Oscherslaben in Germany, probably the worst organised track day I have ever seen there was total nutters in all four groups, club racers & National riders, Dark Dog Kwak 600 team to name but one. Even when one member of our group who was in group 1 complained that they had been clipped in a corner, the organiser was not bothered, just gave them there money back & said off you go
It was the first time I have felt intimidated even in group 3, & as an ex club racer I would not call my self slow, but even I bailed out of the last session (as it was a free for all ) when some local racer on a Duke as well, brushed my left leg with his as I peeled into a right hander, & I was close to the edge of the track.
Apart from that it was a fantasic day, many thanks to my brother Paul ( Bionicle) for organising it & letting me use his new track day bike (ex 996 race bike).

Chris.
Old 27-Apr-2006, 23:35
Montjuic

I was shocked at Iconic 944s response to my post. This is a an internet form primarily for the purpose of sharing information about our biking experiences/knowledge. As such if one of us has a bad experience and that experience becomes a trend (i.e a number of us are having a particular problem with any given dealer/trackday organizer) we should absolutely name and shame the organisation involved. Our Clubs primary responsibility is to protect its members not the reputaion of commercial trackday suppliers.

If there is any doubt about our ability to express this information I would be grateful if you (or the relevant member of MT) could post the legal advice we have been given about hosts responsibilities for internet forum content on the members section of the site.

If such advice is not available can I ask that you say so, such that we may continue to share our biking experiences freely and without the concern that we might be bringing our club into disrepute.

Put more plainly I think your legal advice is non existent or wrong. I am quite happy to be proved wrong and will apologise in advance if I am. But if I'm not I think we should not be subject to tacit censorship on this Board.

Dave
Old 27-Apr-2006, 23:35
Montjuic

I was shocked at Iconic 944s response to my post. This is a an internet form primarily for the purpose of sharing information about our biking experiences/knowledge. As such if one of us has a bad experience and that experience becomes a trend (i.e a number of us are having a particular problem with any given dealer/trackday organizer) we should absolutely name and shame the organisation involved. Our Clubs primary responsibility is to protect its members not the reputaion of commercial trackday suppliers.

If there is any doubt about our ability to express this information I would be grateful if you (or the relevant member of MT) could post the legal advice we have been given about hosts responsibilities for internet forum content on the members section of the site.

If such advice is not available can I ask that you say so, such that we may continue to share our biking experiences freely and without the concern that we might be bringing our club into disrepute.

Put more plainly I think your legal advice is non existent or wrong. I am quite happy to be proved wrong and will apologise in advance if I am. But if I'm not I think we should not be subject to tacit censorship on this Board.

Dave
Old 28-Apr-2006, 08:10
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyX
Quote:
Originally posted by revdecal
Hmmmmmmm....FE? rings a bell? Not just me then?

although I have my reservations regarding certain organisers and would use 100PC where possible

That'll be fairly hard as they went bump last year after owing MSV quite a considerable sum of money.... allegedly

Oooops...I meant "No Limits"........not 100PC!!
RX
Old 28-Apr-2006, 08:15
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I was clipped in the nivice at cadwell last year..nearly collected at the bottom of the mountain too....on a DSC day....didnt do another trackday...so its no news to me that there are peolpe willing to take a risk and spoil other riders fun!!!
Old 28-Apr-2006, 08:31
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
I was clipped in the nivice at cadwell last year..nearly collected at the bottom of the mountain too....on a DSC day....didnt do another trackday...so its no news to me that there are peolpe willing to take a risk and spoil other riders fun!!!

Now this is where it gets confusing....

did you ask them afterwards ? there's a HUGE difference between dangerous and 'mistake'
Old 28-Apr-2006, 08:44
MotoGP God

ask AK, he was behind me when I was tagged on the leg....good job I couldnt find them really coz incandescent and rage come to mind, completely lost it when I got back in pits and had a look round paddock, couldnt spot which ducati leathers on a day full of ducati leathers...!!
Old 28-Apr-2006, 08:45
MotoGP God

oh, and Kelly cut thru the inside at the bottom of the mountain and it was no problem, nice & clean altho close, so it wasnt the act of being overtaken which I threw toys out over