Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Nov-2013, 22:23
Bikes: ducati 600 supersport

600 ss oil leak from sump

Any helpful advice please. I have just changed the oil and filter (gen ducati filter) on my 600ss. There is a substantial amount of oil gathering then dripping from the filter canister. I removed the filter to make sure the rubber seal is not damaged, the seal is fine. The filter is tight, ran the engine and the oil still leaks. Any ideas?

Thanks
Dan
Old 18-Nov-2013, 04:30
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Did the original seal come out with the old filter as sometimes they stick to the engine
Is it a genuine Ducati filter or after market as it could be faulty

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 18-Nov-2013, 22:32
Bikes: ducati 600 supersport

The original seal did come out, replaced with a genuine ducati filter. I took the bike to a local garage in Plymouth a couple of days after the oil change to have a new stand bracket fitted.
The oil leak started after I took it home from the garage. On further inspection tonight, I have found a hairline crack where the filter meets the crankcase! The garage had to drill out the old stand mount bolts, I find it hard to believe that the vibes would cause the case to crack but I cant think of another reason...... Either way I am now with a bike that isnt worth repairing.