Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Dec-2011, 19:46
Montjuic

Thumb brake for track bike

Hi all,
Am thinking of getting a thumb brake, does anyone know if its ok to T into the clutch reservoir pipe so i only have one tub for the fluids on the left hand side, i can't see it being a problem but want do you guys think.
Cheers
Aide
Old 05-Dec-2011, 20:06
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Can't see any real problem with that other than the usual contamination that happens to the clutch fluid, Although its unlikely ou will be using the thumb brake for seious braking, more likely anti wheelie or for controling wheelies.

Brembo even do a reservoir with two outlets although the two small pots back to back on one screw isn't a bad option

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Dec-2011, 21:30
Mille

I can't comment on the setup of the reservoir, but I can say that the options for an 'effective' thumb operated brake are pretty limited.

The genuine Brembo option is one of th every few that'll actually work, but be prepared to sit down when you see the price
Old 11-Dec-2011, 22:52
Montjuic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobert23
I can't comment on the setup of the reservoir, but I can say that the options for an 'effective' thumb operated brake are pretty limited.

The genuine Brembo option is one of th every few that'll actually work, but be prepared to sit down when you see the price

Fair comment but a never used the rear foot brake on the track anyway, so thought about buying one but as you say they are silly prices, so i've bought a steering damper fork clamp for a tenner am going to use the original brake slave cylinder attach it by a bracket to the fork clamp get a rose joint and there is a website where you can buy spare parts for thumb brakes so i hopefully can buy a lever than if its not effective its not cost me the earth.
If is works out i'll post some photos.