Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 19-Aug-2003, 13:01
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Screens

The screen on my 998 is definitely lower ( and wider) than the 996. I have been looking at getting a slightly higher screen about 20 to 30mm. Don't like the corse type. Chili seems to race with a standard or slightly higher than standard screen.

Any Ideas please?

Ray
Old 19-Aug-2003, 14:57
Montjuic

Mood: Waiting for the Sunshine
Ray,

I bought a dark double bubble for my 998 - i think it was from Skidmarx - looks good and gets the airflow over my head - much more comfortable.

All I would say is that if you do change the screen, keep a hold of those fiddly 'nuts' that hold the screen in place, cos if you drop them down inside the fairing - you'll never see them again !! as i found to my annoyance.
Old 19-Aug-2003, 15:39
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I bought a "double bubble" screen from Busters which wasn't really a double-bubble but more of a higher "airflow" screen.

It's a light tint colour, but comes with a black section at the bottom which hides all the gubbins behind the clocks and looks like the race bikes too!

Cost was 39.95 and then I added a metre of black screen trim at 50p and two packs of "screen/fairing screws with rubber nuts" to hold it all in. You need two packs as there are eight nuts/bolts in a pack but typically the Ducati screen needs nine!

Total was about 50 quid including postage.

You will find that you'll chew up a couple of the original nuts. The rubber that hold the captive nuts in tends to perish over time and go brittle. You may also need to "open out" the holes slightly to accept the .5mm larger bolts supplied, but this is no more than taking the paint out of the holes.

Remove the top fairing to do it (4 bolts and 4 dzus fasteners) as it makes it much easier.

Also, if yours comes with a printed (silver) logo on it, you can polish this out with AutoSol as it doesn't scratch the plastic at all - using AutoSol is a top tip to restore scratched plastic of any kind!

The screen makes a real difference on the long journeys as the wind no longer hits me square in the head, but goes right over and is much more comfortable.

Here's some links to pics of mine:
http://www.horrible.demon.co.uk/images/030615_748_2.jpg
http://www.horrible.demon.co.uk/images/030615_748_3.jpg
http://www.horrible.demon.co.uk/images/030615_748_4.jpg

Drop me an email if you need any more info.
Old 19-Aug-2003, 15:44
500SD

Ray,

Skidmarx is a good call, they supply screens to both HM Plant and Monster Mob. HM Plant one (from memory) is like the one Chilli uses and Monster Mob use a copy of last years factory Corse screen. Dig out a couple of pics and you'll see the difference. Very reasonably priced too.

I know you say you don't like the Corse one but from experience it's a great piece of kit. So good at wind deflection I reckon I could light up behind it!

Hope this helps,

Neil
Old 19-Aug-2003, 16:10
Big Twin

Try the Doublebubble MRA screen that tecmoto do, its a bit of a cross between the corsa ones and the normal double bubbles.

http://www.tecmoto.co.uk/accessories...radscreen1.htm
Old 19-Aug-2003, 18:46
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 996R and MV Agusta F4 1000R

Used the skidmarx corse screen for about 2 years now. Its not to everybodys liking as it does sit very high but gives excellent wind protection. From memory I think the screen is about £35 so its also a lot cheaper than a dp screen.
Old 21-Aug-2003, 07:45

My 748 came fitted with a Fabbri screen it's a double bubble but it seems to work pretty well, I'm 6ft 3in, and looks like a fairly substantial piece of plastic. Worth a look anyway.
Old 25-Aug-2003, 18:51
Big Twin
Bikes: 998S Chili trackbike,749R (corse kit), 748SPS

Mood: Flange - it's a state of mind....
I've used a skidmarx corse screen for 2 years and it's excellent = cost £40 hodgeson used to have one - not that influenced me at all..........!

Also saw the one DJTera was talking about at tecmoto which looked the business - was very impressed by them by the way