Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-May-2005, 15:59
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by phil_h
WHAT !
You should be on more like 36 front and 42 rear I think !

32 is only any good for classic-style tyres.

(or 2.5bar front and 3bar rear for youngsters )

[Edited on 31-5-2005 by phil_h]

Not true Phil, on a hot day many of us run 012ss's (as I believe these are) at 32f / 30r ... 36f / 42r is way too hard as when the rear heats it'll be like a solid tyre.

On a coolish day in novice / inters I'd personally run 33f / 36r

I only ever run on 012ss's and these settings work well for me in Inters / Fast .....
Old 31-May-2005, 16:06
Big Twin

Yeah...I was under the impression that 32 is fine for the track...even had some recommend a little lower still.

I know manufacturers often say 42 in the rear, but I've never run with more than 36 in a rear, and thats when I ride on the road...then just lower a little for the track!
Old 31-May-2005, 16:08
Big Twin

...and as for the accuracy of the guage...well not sure...one of those pencil jobbies which I have always found to be pretty good.

I have two here (as I'm always losing them) so I'll check again...they can't both be wrong by the same amount!!!

And...yes I did check the tyres when cold prior to going out in the first session.
Old 31-May-2005, 16:12
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Maybe its a riderer weight issue

Maybe it was bottoming out the suspension over a bump and over working the rear tyre.
Old 31-May-2005, 16:37
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
BAR guys, BAR... translate in BAR....
Just kidding..
Old 31-May-2005, 17:07
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Track pressures should be around 30 each end in this weather, Supercorsas run 30/29 front /rear.
That looks like pick up to me, I sometimes get a similar thing on my front tyre and an Ohlins man I spoke to about it said it was pick up, where you collect rubber on the tyre when it's hot and you are slowing down (like the in lap)
Not an exhaustive answer though I hasten to add!
Old 31-May-2005, 17:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Here you are Fabio http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/trol/scol/ccpress.htm
now you can have it any way you want it 32psi = 2.21Bar
Old 31-May-2005, 17:42
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by desmojen
That looks like pick up to me, I sometimes get a similar thing on my front tyre and an Ohlins man I spoke to about it said it was pick up, where you collect rubber on the tyre when it's hot and you are slowing down (like the in lap)
Not an exhaustive answer though I hasten to add!

Well...it was the day after the WSB boys had been there all weekend...on the same circuit...so there certainly was plenty of rubber on the track. But again...I can't remember seeing it on any other bikes I looked at and I wasn't going particularly slow on the in lap any way apart from the last couple of corners before the pits?

As for rider weight Kev...are you suggesting I could do with putting some on? How kind
Old 31-May-2005, 17:47
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
So what did you think of her now you've been on track together Harv-Cameron used to track her quite often when he lived in Spain where he got her. He used to live just down the road from Jerez at the American base there.

John
Old 31-May-2005, 17:55
Big Twin

Sweeeeet!

It just kept making me giggle coming out of the slower (at my pace anyhow!) corners and just holding on as it attempts to hoick the front wheel at every opportunity!

The way the power just kicks in at 7500 rpm and just keeps going to 11500, it just has to be ridden to be believed...

Having the extra rev range was a real benifit at a couple of points on the circuit, allowing me to pull one gear just that little bit longer, and therefore being able to concentrate on the riding and my lines etc rather than changing gear at a difficult point on the track.

And the bike didn't miss a beat all day...

I'm doing the GP circuit next Tuesday evening...Ohhhhhh yes!

[Edited on 31-5-2005 by Harv748]