Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Jul-2003, 01:58
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

No Mallory but - some very interesting Dukes for Sale

Despite my best efforts fitting a tall screen to my 944ss after a through soaking last week, I'm going to admit to being a total softie for not riding down to Mallory as it was "hissing" down here in the friendly NE even at 7am....

So....I treated myself to a trip out to Newcastle and had a great time up and down Westgate road and got soaked there instead -

M and S motorcycles got my vote for the day..its a good job I went alone as I would of bored the death out of anyone that came with me, especially after looking at a 1992 900ss Superlight for about 45mins !!!!

If anyone is in the market for one this is VERY interesting I think, it really has had A LOT of work done to it - I'll try and remember most things:

1992 - J reg - 15,000 mls - £2995, SL plate on top yoke.
Baines racing stickers on the Carbon Fibre fairing (prep looks good but obviously I dont know how much they did),
Single lamp CF middle section fairing
CF mudguard & hugger
CF filler cap
Bora performance Hi-level Carbon cans and interlaced header pipes of some kind
Marvic 3 spoke wheels F & R
Braided hoses everywhere.
Michi Radial tyres
Brembo racing master cylinders for brake and clutch + harris type clip-ons.
WP steering damper & fully adjustable Rear shox.
Kiehin 39mm FCR carbs using std manifolds
High capacity oil cooler installed in the standard position + an additional oil cooler mounted at an angle next to the front head.
Oil temperature gauge fitted
Air cooling Hoses fitted from the front air ducts to the rear cylinder (now I know what the extra slots on the FE fairing are for).
STd superlight single seat unit
Rear set footrests that I didnt recognise
Foam air filter
Very vented clutch cover !!!

Sadly they dont have a picture on the website yet but as you can tell I'm very impressed at the spec for the price - I wonder how it would match up against my 944 - Hee Hee.....

Also for sale a VERY clean 900FE which is on the website:

http://www.mandsmotorcycles.co.uk

Almost as clean as Colin's

Sad to say - I had a sit on a 996 and a 916 and I just don't like the riding position - wayyyy to much weight on my wrists, not enough practise I guess. Should of had a sit on the gorgeous 999's they have in as well as the Benelli's and MV's but since they are totally outside my wildest dreams I could'nt really see the point.

Just as I was about to leave I spotted a bike outside in the customer service bay - a very, very nice 888. Even though it was raining (again) I gave that a good look over.....WOW what a machine, I guess I'm just old-fashioned but it just exudes brute power to me and still seems so stylish, I think thats the 4V motor I'll be lusting after one day.

Hope everyone had fun at Mallory and stayed safe....I look forward to the write-ups and piccies.

Regards - Frank