Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Feb-2006, 10:01
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
23rd April Pembrey, with Phil Bevan Racing.

Well as part of the pre-season testing for my mate, we've booked up Pembrey for 23rd April with Phil Bevan.

He's quick as you like round there so will be helping my buddy get his lap times down. I also hope to get him tohave a look at the set-up on my bike if it's not yet done.

They are doing the 22nd and 23rd, but we've only boooked the one day as we're driving striaght from there to Oulton.

http://www.philbevanracing.co.uk is the link. We're both booked in fast.
Old 15-Feb-2006, 10:55
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Steve I hope to be down at Pembrey for the test weekend in just over a weeks time, does't look as though I will be out on track but will be going along to Help Dallas and see how Simon Knowlson is getting on with the 748RS.
Will also give me a chance to look at the circuit improvements as they may have finished the new pit lane entry road by then.

Still I woiuld like to do another of Phils trackdays but I already have a very busy schedule penciled in for this year and currently lack the funds to take part in everything already on the list, so I doubt if I will be doing many trackdays as priorities are DD followed by some racing with NG in either Minitwin or SoT
Old 28-Feb-2006, 16:01
Big Twin

Been chatting to Phil about this and really looking forward to it now. Going to get there early Sat arvo and enjoy a nice meal and a few beers in Llanelli

Come on kids, cracking little place is this. No noise issues, friendly instructors and lots of giggles
Old 28-Feb-2006, 16:05
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
just a big shame that it collides with our DD round at Brands Steve
Old 28-Feb-2006, 16:15
Big Twin

ahhhh wasn't aware of that... guess that will wipe out quite a few then.
Old 28-Feb-2006, 19:39
GTL

Mood: 2008 Desmodue Class B champion
How much is the 23rd of april? Is it a trackday or ACU?
Old 28-Feb-2006, 21:32
Big Twin

I will be in Le mann so thats me out
Old 01-Mar-2006, 10:43
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt-T28
How much is the 23rd of april? Is it a trackday or ACU?

i'm actually not even sure mate... but it's either going to be £100 or £110. i paid Alan yesterday but never even asked how much he was taking from me

ACU, lots of instructors with great knowledge.
Old 04-Apr-2006, 10:03
Big Twin

Last boing for this date with Phil.... i'm finishing off sorting my track fairing out this week, so should be ready to go in a few days
Old 24-Apr-2006, 10:09
Big Twin

Have to say, this was as i hoped, truely a spot on day.

The organisation from Alan and Phil leaves nothing to chance and the lads really do go out of their way to make sure you're OK and the day runs smoothly. Alan can be found more than a few times a day wandering round the pits offering advice, help and just generally seeing if ALL the riders are OK and happy.

Day was wet until 11.30 but that was OK as i enjoyed the lie in and relaxing for the moring, just fitting wets onto mates Mille as he's racing there soon so needed the practice.

Once i got out there i was happy right away with the bike, it's totally spot-on. Me on the other hand, well i just can't cut it any more LOL. I just don't have the corner entry speed and my turn in points are terribly weak. As has been my Achilles heel all my riding life to bo honest, i turn in way too early for pretty much every bend. But i wasn''t embarrasingly slow so i can live with it

Bike was pulling like a dream, handling like a dream (thanks to Louigimoto), braking was spot on.... It was fractionally down on speed on the Mille, which is surprising to me to be honest, i think a rider getting better drive would have been with him all the way. my last 916 never had this much grunt so i'm confused... but happy.

Oh well, Oulton tomorrow