Ducati Sporting Club UK
Technical - Help or Info - NON Motorcycle
PC's, Internet etc. Cars, or how to fix that leaky radiator - in here please!

Old 14-Dec-2005, 01:43
Ducati Meccanica

Blimey ( puter thread )

Well i have been having a few slow internet moments, thought nothing of it just thought usual broadband peak times stuff. However my son said he could no longer play an online game he plays due to slow access.
After much 'cmd' pinging here there and everywhere we came to the conclusion it was the router that was misbehaving.
So I ordered a new Belkin ( wired cos I don't like wireless) swayed by it's lifetime guarentee and free techline and only £40.

Blimey what a difference I set it up this afternoon and the kids access too ( more by luck than knowing what I was doing ) and low and behold we have the 2mbs or whatever it is we supposed to have.

Pages load so much quicker - isn't it amazing just what you get used to ?

I'm now a very happy browser.

But .... another thing...... In our enquiries we also checked out all pc's for trojans and the like. We all have ad-aware-zonealarm and AVG and are updated daily however I went to Spy Audit on all pc's and it found 4 trojans on one the pc's that none of the others protection thingies had spotted. I then aquired Webroots Spy Sweeper to remove and it did just as it said on the tin.

We downloaded 3 other spy programmes to the infected pc and not one of them picked up the trojans. To me that says it all about Spy Sweeper but does anyone on here have thoughts otherwise re this neat little programme please ?