Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Feb-2006, 13:37
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
all, my last post was intended to be something of a wind up, however if there is interest in this please let me know and I'll see if I can get the ball rolling.

The only thing wrong here is that my wind up is North East based, but there's nothing to say that a similar approach to Donington (pretty central) could work out nicely for us - the only disadvantage I have is in not knowing any of the Donington circuit management team.

Does the idea in principal sound Ok ?

The other downside is that for a track event we would struggle to have the numbers necessary to make this an 851/888 only event (as has been previously discussed), so I believe that a DSC track day (all members) followed by a ride out the next day could be the way to move forward.

cheers

Neil
Old 10-Feb-2006, 15:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Neil,

It looks like you've got me off the hook. I had Burton covered and had 3 hotels lined up, all that have been tested for biker friendliness.

No probs, I'll go with the flow, and as long as it fits around what where doing, I'll turn up.

Rgds, Rob
Old 10-Feb-2006, 19:02
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
so errrrm Burton then - nice place is it, what have I done
Old 10-Feb-2006, 19:58
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Watching with interest..!!
Old 10-Feb-2006, 20:04
Ducati Corse

BURTON IT IS THEN!!
Old 10-Feb-2006, 23:53
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Rob, if you've already done a bit of digging, you're ahead of all us wind-up merchants

Middle England is probably a good idea (i'll have to leave my 2.4 kids at home tho, heh). What hotels you got Rob? Post em up so we can have a butchers at their websites!
Old 11-Feb-2006, 11:41
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Mass meet up

Once we have agreed a date/schedule, and very approx numbers, I'll contact the hotels and try to get some discounts for a B&B rate.

Grail Court tel.no:- 01283 741155. It is a bit cheap & cheerful but they are biker friendly and have lock up garages available. It is also within staggering distance of local amenities ( Pubs & Chinese)

Three Queens Hotel tel no:- 01283 52800. A slightly better hotel,near to town but may be more expensive. Some people used it last year and were happy with it.

Express by Holiday Inn tel no:- 01283 504300. The usual faceless business hotel ,a short taxi ride or long walk from town.

Delter Hotel tel no:- 01283 535115. A quite nice small family run hotel about 1/2 mile from town,no garage but a private car park out of site of road.

Edgecote Hotel tel no:- 01283 568966. 5 minutes walk from town , family run small hotel, no off road parking.

Now the key decisoion seem to be weekend Sat night only or Fri/Sat night or weekday combined with a Trackday?

I feel a poll coming on so watch this space.

Rgds, Rob