Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Nov-2003, 17:14
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
First Service

All I can offer on this subject is the following personal experience:

Although I live in Switzerland I bought my ST4s (yellow) from my favourite UK Ducati official dealer and I have just checked my records on the subject and they reveal the following costs:

The Ducati Warranty booklet that contains the service coupons states that the first service should be within 1,000kms (625miles) or 6mths. This cost me £29.55 which was for the cost of the oil, oil filter, and drain plug washer.

My service cost at next officially recommended service 10,000kms (6,250mls) or 12months thereafter was £257.97 including all parts and labour. Both totals included VAT.

This is why even though I live in the Alpes I still return to Blighty to get my servicing done (total round trip of 1600mls) because they are great guys - offer excellent servicing - and give a great deal on new Ducati.
Old 30-Nov-2003, 17:45
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Its a sad fact that Duke dealers now charge for the first service.Some dealers will waive the labour costs to regular customers.It does clearly state in the warranty book that the first service "Material and labor costs are at Owners charge".
I think OYB charge 45quid an hour labour.Hence the 200 pound bill.
Old 30-Nov-2003, 17:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Looking at those prices - I'm glad I use Snells!
(have saved well over £130 on the 12,000 service on mine then)

Seems (with monsters anyway) that 1st service labour is free - if you buy from a 'Ducati shop', otherwise nearly all 'authorised dealers' seem to charge for it!

C
Old 30-Nov-2003, 18:21
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Hourly Labour

Checked my dealer's rate = £30.00 an hour

£45 seems extreme to me - that's getting close to swiss standards - has the uk economy improved that much recently?????
Old 30-Nov-2003, 20:39
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
Blimey £50 an hour I take mine to Alf's in worthing and he only!!! charges £27 an hour .(i thought that was expensive at the time!! ) and he does a pukka job as well ( and i got a service with belts and two new tyres for no extra charge when i bought the thing as well!!)

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Nigel C]

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Nigel C]
Old 30-Nov-2003, 21:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by Athelstan
Checked my dealer's rate = £30.00 an hour

£45 seems extreme to me - that's getting close to swiss standards - has the uk economy improved that much recently?????

where do you take it? the cheapest I have found is £30+vat at motorapido. Even Honda dealers will charge £30+ in the main...but this is still far less than a franchised car dealer...at last, something cheaper on a Ducati!!

I guess if Ducati are throwing money into 0% finance deals and other incentives, something has to give.....
Old 30-Nov-2003, 21:47
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 996R and MV Agusta F4 1000R

I didn't realise that ducati dealers had started charging for the first service. Seems like a total rip off to me, I can't see that any new bike needs much more than an oil change and a nuts and bolts check after only 600 miles.

My 996 was bought from P&H motorcycles in 2001 and the first service was inclusive in the price. I never had to push for the service as an extra it was just part of the deal.

My local duke dealer is CMW in chichester and they charge £42.50 ph, but they did manage to do a full 12k in under 6 hours so its not all bad.
Old 01-Dec-2003, 00:15
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
I'll be taking mine to Riders of Bristol, they have recentliy moved into a brand new building, so I guess they are trying to recoup some of the money maybe

It still now sounds really expensive, but needs to be done.

Thanks

Lee1980
Old 01-Dec-2003, 08:33
Mille

Depends on your dealer. Ducati Manchester are still advertising free 600 mile services on their website if the bike was supplied by them.
If it wasnt their listed charge is £155.00
Old 01-Dec-2003, 21:31
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
I payed £197 in the end

With a 10% winter servicing discount.

The parts list include things like the tank seal, fuel filter, 'sludge washer', oil filter and oil + a few other little bits parts came to £45 the rest is labour.

They said the glass blocked is caused by condensation, couldn't see when I picked it up if it was gone will check tommorow.

The tank will be replaced due to the steering damper rubbing. A washer/spacer had been moved/crushed.

Now the damper clears the tank.

One good point is that I got the Multistrada demo as a loan bike for the day, great fun in the wet weather, really comfy to, torquey engine and the clocks are fab when they light up blue. After a while looks good in the flesh, in black a t the dealers looked wicked.

If I had the space and money would have one as a second bike, really needs a hugger the shock and back end was filthy

Thanks

Lee1980