Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 26-Jul-2012, 11:27
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

2004 800ss Race Bike (Mini Twin Eligible) SOLD

2004 800ss Race Bike (Mini Twin Eligible)

I am thinking of packing in racing and selling my 800ss racer. The bike was previoulsy owned by Nigel Wright (TWPD) and it won the 2007 NGRRC Mini Twin championship, and was leading the 2008 NGRRC before Nigel crashed at Pembry and broke his shoulder, he was that far ahead he still came third that year.

The bike is a 2004 model which Nigel bought in 2006, with the following service history:

- Jan-07 Overhaul and re-valve Front forks at Reactive Suspension at York, Barnett clutch
- Feb-07 Ducati John - belts, valves
- Aug-07 Ducati John - Belts, Mitul brake fluid
- Nov-07 Service
- Feb-08 Servicing. Belts, valves

Stood in Nigel's garage after Pembry crash, I bought it Nov 2011

- Dec-11 Ducati John full service, new chain, battery
- Jun-12 OTC Dyno re map 71.5bhp and 50ft/lb torque

Ducati John has all the previous service records on his computer, I have the current service record. John said it started first time last December after the lay off and didn't need shimming.

The spec of the bike is as follows;
- Arc exhaust, hand built in America by Doug Cook of ArcFabrications. Titanium 2 into 1 under seat exhaust.
- Brembo cast-iron fully-floating discs on the dry wheel
- Ohlins rear shock absorber 900ie SS model
- 1000ss ali swinging arm
- Showa fully adjustable forks with Ohlins springs, Overhaul and re-valve Front forks at Reactive Suspension at York.
- Motowheels.com 1/4 turn quick-release fuel cap
- Barnett race clutch, standard springs, spare clutch compression plate
- Power Commander III USB with custom map for Arc exhaust
- K&N performance air filter
- Marchesini 5 spoke wheels
- Brembo WOWs with Michelins wets
- Brembo Goldline brakes
- HEL braided brake hoses with titanium fittings
- HEL braided oil cooler hoses
- Woodcraft CFM rearsets, SES pegs
- Carbon fibre timing belt covers
- Carbon fibre front mudguard
- Custom-wiring loom
- Ricambi Weiss 1098 bodywork, 1098 seat unit
- Renthal lightweight sprockets
- Yoyodyne lightweight exhaust flanges
- 999 race bracket
- Coils moved inside so as not to get damaged if crashed
- Regina chain
- Castrol SRF
- Crash bungs
- Fork bungs

Spares
- Current sporcket 14/45
- Wets on Wheel, michelin wets
- Spare ricambi weiss 1098 race fairing and belly pan
- Spare sprockets 14, 39, 43
- Spare pegs
- Spare levers
- Spare throttle unit
- Spare throttle cover
- plus other bits and pieces
- Front and rear paddock stands

I have raced the bike this season twice with Wirral 100 at Anglesey and once with PDMCC at Three Sisters. I will be putting new fork seals on it before the sale at a cost of £150. All the V5 doc etc are present, the bikes is on a SORN, all the previous documentation is present.

This bike can be ran in Mini Twins, or Sound of Thunder or class 1C. It's rapid for 72bhp and in the right hands is a proven SV beating bike. I am not good enough to race it, if you think you are or want a change to Mini Twins then it's all yours for a bloody bargain price of £3k. The 2nd set of wet wheels and spare body kit are worth £300 to £400 on their own.

I live between Warrington and Oulton Park, I can drop the bike off as I have a box trailer if you want to pay the diesel. If you're interested then call me or email me Paul 07539 820103 or paul.lewis748@ntlworld.com

This bike is well known do a search on here, or ask Skids, Bradders etc

Last edited by PDL : 23-Aug-2013 at 10:57. Reason: Now Sold
Old 21-Aug-2012, 21:37

Sorry to hear you are packing up Paul, I've just decided to go the other way and come back out of retirement for the 2013 season and put my 800 back on track....

Just a point to note the, the front fairing stay on your bike is a Ricambi Weiss 999 race item but the 1098 bodywork is more expensive / fancier kit supplied by Replicast UK.

Alex
Old 22-Aug-2012, 08:20
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 848 and 583 dd race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater
Sorry to hear you are packing up Paul, I've just decided to go the other way and come back out of retirement for the 2013 season and put my 800 back on track....

Just a point to note the, the front fairing stay on your bike is a Ricambi Weiss 999 race item but the 1098 bodywork is more expensive / fancier kit supplied by Replicast UK.

Alex

I am looking at going this way next year, race in thundersport. Who you looking at racing with Alex?
Old 22-Aug-2012, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848spence
I am looking at going this way next year, race in thundersport. Who you looking at racing with Alex?

Without derailing too much, Melville & KSC in scotland. The 1098 fairing on Paul's bike used to be mine and came off my 800 when I 'retired'.

I'm looking to do a semi naked version this time if I can find a sensibly priced alternative to the Kaenma mini fairing. Feel free to to PM me about 800 racing if you want.

Anyways back on topic> I tried to buy Paul's bike from Nigel at the end of the 2008 season but mentally he wasn't really ready to sell at that time.

The bike is a really sorted piece of kit and at the money quoted above is well worth the money. If I had the coin..........
Old 23-Aug-2013, 10:57
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Now sold

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit