Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Mar-2006, 17:15

S4rs

Ducati UK website said dealers will have taken delivery of the S4rs yesterday? Anyone here picking one up anytime soon?

Sold the ST2 and was considering an S4r as my next Duke but now want to know if S4rs is worth the extra.

Would love to hear views of new owners (or anyone that gets a test ride on one).

Chris
Old 15-Mar-2006, 17:36
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
I have an S4r and I think for an extra 1300 for the S4rs you get a lot more very good value for money. I think to add ohlins forks to S4r would cost atleast 1300. u get shock and more powerful engine to etc.

If I was to buy now I would go S4rs as its not much more expensive, and I dont think there are no worries with rockers on the testeratta engine

Bur for me its not different enough to upgrade to from my s4r as mine is just lossening up to

and will I use the Ohlins? would look cool of course
Old 16-Mar-2006, 10:04
Mille

Mood: extreme caution
Sold my S4r privately last year. Should be picking up the new S4Rs by the end of the month. I will let you know if it feels any different. Of course i will have to wait for some better weather before it goes antwhere.
Old 16-Mar-2006, 11:00
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I reckon it will certainly feel different

I had a good look around one of the RS's at the factory a few weeks ago and they are one hell of a machine. The motor is based around the 999S engine. 138bhp or so and a "lot more to come" with the termi's on

Enjoy. I reckon it'll be THE bike of the year!!
Old 16-Mar-2006, 11:06
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
This might help you get a feel for what the bike can do - http://kapitalmoto.co.uk/node/13

(I like the guy laughing in his helmet during that last 30 seconds of the clip)
Old 16-Mar-2006, 11:38

Thanks for your comments guys.

I agree that the S4rs is worth the extra over the S4r IF you are paying full price for the S4r.

But as the S4r has been out longer, there are more deals available. Pegusus have a pre-reg 55 plate S4r for £6,789, which makes it nearly £3k cheaper than the S4rs.

Really torn on this one. Half of me saying sod it, you only live once and the other half thinking about having the extra £3k.
Old 16-Mar-2006, 12:43
500SD

Mood: Not sure
You could by my S4r off me, only done just over 2k miles and in the best colour and you would have plenty of money for the trick stuff left over

Darren
Old 16-Mar-2006, 12:51
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisQ
Thanks for your comments guys.

I agree that the S4rs is worth the extra over the S4r IF you are paying full price for the S4r.

But as the S4r has been out longer, there are more deals available. Pegusus have a pre-reg 55 plate S4r for £6,789, which makes it nearly £3k cheaper than the S4rs.

Really torn on this one. Half of me saying sod it, you only live once and the other half thinking about having the extra £3k.

Thats true Chris I have seen a lot of S4r's about cheap, still think I'd go s4rs just for the fact its got the tessteratta motor so hopefully no rocker wear, and those radial brakes are blinging.

then only thing you need to add to it is exhaust and maybe slipper clutch
Old 16-Mar-2006, 12:52
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Whats the price for an S4Rs new? ? ?

/ian
Old 16-Mar-2006, 13:11
500SD

Mood: Not sure
[/quote]

Thats true Chris I have seen a lot of S4r's about cheap, still think I'd go s4rs just for the fact its got the tessteratta motor so hopefully no rocker wear, and those radial brakes are blinging.

then only thing you need to add to it is exhaust and maybe slipper clutch [/quote]

Got a set of Arrows and a slipper clutch I could do a deal on

Darren