Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:54
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

...at the same time, I don't want to upset anyone.

If I didn't give a crap, then I would have made a convincing case to the RC and may have just turned up at the first race next year in 583.

That's not my style. I'm transparent and don't bullshite people. That's why I asked you lot first.

:P
Old 13-Nov-2005, 18:59
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Dseered
Domski, not that it has anything to do with me BUT the banter was fantastic pre/mid/post season, I like you fella although we have never met.

I'm not well versed in the rules of DD but I wish you luck in your quest to race in the series !

DCR

Thanks dude. You can be my new 'biggest fan'
Old 13-Nov-2005, 19:20
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

...and another thing!!

I think I'll only see opposition from people at the front of the race - and it's because they want to win too.

I'm no trophy hunter, but I still want to win trophies.

Surely everyone would like to?

So are we all trophy hunters?

DD is going mad. It's not MotoGP and some people need to get a reality check.

If you can't afford a 620, then you can't race in Desmo Due - what sort of club is that?

What about the top 3 moving on?

What if you can't afford to?

It's all a bit out of hand if you ask me.

You'll end up banning anyone who finishes in the top 10 - just to 'give others a chance' - You're all mad!

Mad I tell you!!!

Old 13-Nov-2005, 19:22
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
Bad day Dom?
Butch
Old 13-Nov-2005, 19:24
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
I'm not Valentino Rossi you know...

The 'race experience' I have doesn't count for very much in my opinion. Even I have found that out and I'm sure Kev (my biggest fan really) would agree - I think the 'modern' addiction of trackdays has led to everyone being fast!

I think I am a victim of a lot of hype and spin prior to this season, and whilst I am not totally innocent of being 'over confident' of my ability, I have been perceived as some top British racer who's been racing non-stop for 8 years.

I have done 25 race meetings EVER before this year (20 of which were in '97, '98 & '99). That's over 6 years ago!!

I finished 14th in the Desmo Due championship this year, and my best result was 10th!! (before the Tango Queen).

Now, nobody has a problem with Skids racing in 583, and he's vastly more experienced than me. Fil2 comprehensively kicked my arse this year and finished 3rd overall, but nobody is worried about that. Paul Payne has raced before (not much I'll agree), and even Phil_h has raced classics for a bit.

All the 'novices' have done 11 DD races this year (more if you did SoT etc) and prior to 2005 I had done 36 actual races (CB500 were only 1 per weekend) at 25 race meetings.

Some people have done more than 36 trackdays, which is massively more tracktime than even I've had!!

I haven't ridden on the road since August 2003 when I had a ZX7R for 2 months, and before that my previous road bike was a 900SS which I sold in 1997 to go racing - so I don't even ride a bike on the road and haven't done for virtually 8 years.

I have a national race licence purely because I wanted to do the TT back in 1998 - which I never did.

Can someone tell me how experienced you have to be before you are too experienced for Desmo Due?

Or if I trundled around at the back - would anyone care less? I don't think they would.

I think we're getting close to becoming elitist rather than keeping focus on the original idea - which was for DSC members to race in their own series - wasn't it?

I'm a DSC member, I'm fairly active on the forum and would be more active within DSC if I could afford a road bike and attend ride-outs and shows etc - but because I don't have plenty of cash to buy a 620, I may be forced to leave the championship I supported all year, and go race elsewhere.

I think you should just shut up and line up!!!

- as long as you're not wearing that BananaMan outfit!!!
Old 13-Nov-2005, 19:27
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
I think you should just shut up and line up!!!

- as long as you're not wearing that BananaMan outfit!!!

Amen my brother!
Old 13-Nov-2005, 19:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

What's wrong with yellow?
Old 13-Nov-2005, 19:56
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
What's wrong with yellow?

everything
Old 13-Nov-2005, 20:06
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Dom
Are you sure its for the right reasons?? or do you just want to get your grubby paws on the top prize of a branny scooter.....LOL,
On a more serious note, My veiws are the more the merrier so get yourself on a well detuned uncompetetive 583 with square wheels and enjoy.
Hope to see you out there.
Glyn
Old 13-Nov-2005, 20:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Dom, son-in-law Paul#39, says he "dont care"

just go & get some more 'muted' coloured leathers...... :P
Closed Thread