Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 27-Aug-2006, 12:14
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Questionnaire????

Any news on this?

It was being put together 3 weeks ago - it must be one hell of a questionnaire if it's taking 3 weeks to write
Old 27-Aug-2006, 12:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Working on the title at the moment (:
Old 27-Aug-2006, 14:29
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Dom, stop stirring
Old 27-Aug-2006, 15:24
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Any news on this?

It was being put together 3 weeks ago - it must be one hell of a questionnaire if it's taking 3 weeks to write

Good point, I'll make sure I get it all done by the end of the week.
Want to make sure it is inclusive of all relevant questions.
As none have been forthcoming since the email went out requesting input I've primarily been sifting through the questioins already answered by the class specific versions sent out by the riders reps to make sure questions aren't duplicated where both covered original issues reasonably. That will allow me to give the results to the questions already covered as well as asking the remaining ones all in one go.

I don't think it will have any bearing on this season so please bear with me as I've had a pretty busy spell work wise recently.

Hope this helps.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 27-Aug-2006, 15:25
Ducati Corse

did you not get AK's email then Paul
Old 27-Aug-2006, 15:28
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Yes, points raised were already included by and large, please thank him, or rather thank you both for your input.

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 27-Aug-2006, 15:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Good point, I'll make sure I get it all done by the end of the week.
As none have been forthcoming since the email went out requesting input I've primarily been sifting through the questioins already answered by the class specific versions sent out by the riders reps to make sure questions aren't duplicated where both covered original issues reasonably. That will allow me to give the results to the questions already covered as well as asking the remaining ones all in one go.

I don't think it will have any bearing on this season so please bear with me as I've had a pretty busy spell work wise recently.

Hope this helps.

You had NO responses? I didn't because I'm not a current rider.

I would have hoped you'd get at least a few.

Let me know if you need a hand, I'm unemployed at the moment. Well, apart from coaching at the CSS on Tuesday.

TP
Old 27-Aug-2006, 16:08
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
As none have been forthcoming since the email went out requesting input

Ummm... There was a thread called "DD Questionnaire - Your questions please"

Not much trawling required, here's the 'summary' of the thread...
  • Would you prefer the machine rules to remain unchanged? Yes/No
  • Would you like to exclude 695cc machines in 2007? yes/no
  • How many (UK) rounds would you prefer in 2007? 6 or 7
  • Which month would you prefer to start in? March or April
  • If we race at Assen, would you prefer it to be points or non-points?
  • How many scoring races to count? All points to count/drop 1 race/drop 2 races
  • How would you like the series to be administered? 1 dedicated person/A committee as per 2006
  • Would you like to have rider reps? yes/no
  • Would you like a long race? yes/no
  • Would you like to remove the rule which requires the top 3 to move out of Class B? yes/no
  • How many should we allow to sign up for the 2007 series....32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64
  • If limiting the number of entries to one grid how do we decide who should be entering the series
  • How Many grids should we try for if we have less than 50 sign up..... 1 or 2
  • If only running 1 grid and we have 40 or more signed up how do we decide who are reserves/non quallifiers
  • If only one grid and DD races at Mallory at a club event with 32 on a grid how many will be happy to race in a class other than DD
  • Would you like to go race yet?

HTH
Old 27-Aug-2006, 16:29
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Ummm... There was a thread called "DD Questionnaire - Your questions please"

Not much trawling required, here's the 'summary' of the thread...
  • Would you prefer the machine rules to remain unchanged? Yes/No
  • Would you like to exclude 695cc machines in 2007? yes/no
  • How many (UK) rounds would you prefer in 2007? 6 or 7
  • Which month would you prefer to start in? March or April
  • If we race at Assen, would you prefer it to be points or non-points?
  • How many scoring races to count? All points to count/drop 1 race/drop 2 races
  • How would you like the series to be administered? 1 dedicated person/A committee as per 2006
  • Would you like to have rider reps? yes/no
  • Would you like a long race? yes/no
  • Would you like to remove the rule which requires the top 3 to move out of Class B? yes/no
  • How many should we allow to sign up for the 2007 series....32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64
  • If limiting the number of entries to one grid how do we decide who should be entering the series
  • How Many grids should we try for if we have less than 50 sign up..... 1 or 2
  • If only running 1 grid and we have 40 or more signed up how do we decide who are reserves/non quallifiers
  • If only one grid and DD races at Mallory at a club event with 32 on a grid how many will be happy to race in a class other than DD
  • Would you like to go race yet?

HTH

Thank you for that, I do recall the thread and did wonder why none of those who had contributed were willing to help me out by sending in their input as I thought I'd reasonably requested ?.

Lets not go off on another he said we said you said but all I'm really trying to understand here is why there is so much resistance to making the process easier for all involved.

This is a genuine open question, not sarcasm, not getting at you, just trying to understand the thought process.

Oh and by the way, I think you've missed off the "what is your favourite cheese" question

If the last remark can't be taken as a bit of fun I guess we are all in a pretty poor old way.

Old 27-Aug-2006, 16:32
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
You had NO responses? I didn't because I'm not a current rider.

I would have hoped you'd get at least a few.

Let me know if you need a hand, I'm unemployed at the moment. Well, apart from coaching at the CSS on Tuesday.

TP

Thanks for the offer Tony, let me know what you had in mind.

Your input would have been used as you are still on the list of riders who are entered for the series this year as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome to drop in for a chat on the way back on Tuesday as I guess you must be passing this way if going to Rockingham with CSS ?

Ask Andy if I'm still on the cancelation list if you get a minute, only looking to do the first level.

Last edited by Paul James : 27-Aug-2006 at 16:34.
Closed Thread