Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Jul-2009, 02:03

Does anyone know this crashed '99 yellow 748S?

Strange question, hope someone on here may be able to help. I have been looking to buy a 748 for some months now when a friend of mine brought this to my attention from someone in the insurance trade. He's only sent me the one picture but it had a DSC sticker on the screen so I wondered if the old owner was on here as I was keen to know what had happened to the bike for it to be a write off.

If the old owner would prefer to remain annonymous then that's perfectly understandable.

I was interested in the bike but would be keen to know what damaged the bike to get some kind of idea what it will take to go back on the road. I have guessed at plenty of fairing damage, the rhs lever is goosed and the front Marchesini is buckled but other than that I'm stumped. My friend says he doesn't think the bike runs either.

Should I walk away and find something better?

Please help if you can!

Many thanks

Neil

Old 28-Jul-2009, 19:10

Seventy views and still no one knows the bike! Bit gutted as I wanted to know more about it…

Thanks to those who stopped by.

Neil
Old 28-Jul-2009, 19:43
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
It sounds / looks like it may have been this one for sale in 2007 - termis, single seat, marchesinis, dark d/b screen, light rear disk etc....

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...highlight=fila

Not sure if Custard sold it then, but there's an email link on there that you could follow up.

I'm not sure there were too many Fila rep 748s either, the Fila sponsorship was for the 999 WSB bikes and this 748 would have been a homemade jobby.

HTH
Tim