Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 05-Nov-2004, 17:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
RENEGADE RACING

What is happening to renegade racing next year, ive not seen their names mentioned in any of the mags or mcn, it looks like leon's signed for gse in bsb yet when i spoke to him at donnington in sept he was practically signed up for 2005.
obviously haga's going to yamaha so has griffiths folded the team up or just taking a year out ( like gse ) , would be shame imo as he's done well to take the team as far as he has. he was nearer to winning a wsb title than gse were.
any thoughts welcome
Old 05-Nov-2004, 17:52
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Renegade from day one in BSB let alone moving up to WSB have always struggled financially, I think this is the biggest obstacle they have at the moment.

They would of possibly won in WSB if they hadn't cut corners with their bikes and spares, how many gearbox problems did they have early in the season? why? because the gearboxes were getting built in Colne, Lancs I believe at some dodgy enginnering workshop there, rather than buy the corse boxes...

As has been posted on here they were trying to sell the bikes on Ebay??? and I have been offered numerous spares for 999's I guess if they were planning on running Ducati's next year in whatever championship they'd keep hold of all the good/unused parts they could until 2005

You have to remember this is a hobby as such for Mr Griffiths, he's made his money out of the music industry, not out of bike racing.
Old 05-Nov-2004, 17:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
cheers jp

i know its a hobby of his but it seems a shame to have stopped when imo he was just about getting somewhere, new stylish sponsor and mr haga catching up on jt/rl it could very nearly have been his year. surely d.corse could see this and some of the bigger sponsors could have been pulled in if they could keep hold of hagasan.

i like the way mark said what he thinks and had no problems airing his views.

it's more bad news for wsb/bsb not too have his team around imo.
Old 05-Nov-2004, 18:04
BSB Star

Another thing which just hit me is the politics involved by Ducati Corse etc

Renegade are effectively at a point where GSE were a few years ago, and were privvy to various data and new parts, but when I was at Assen and chatting to a few peeps in the Renegade camp it came to light that Ducati had stopped Haga having the tyres he wanted for race day, as they didn't want a non factory team to win the championship, as you can imagine, and at that point in the championship it was a 4 way battle still 2 factory bikes, a privateer bike and a Honda....

Ducati have no control over Honda, but take the privateer 999 out of the equation and voila 2 factory bikes against one Honda
Old 05-Nov-2004, 18:12
Ducati Meccanica

thats crafty, suppose it kinda makes sense, but surely 3 ducati's up against a honda would have been better. i thought that this new pirelli tyre control stopped all that crap happening though or ddi they just not let haga have the best compounds

and if corse didnt want to keep toseland then it might have been good for them and definetly good for the sport if haga had won,its good but also boring that the full factory teams keep winning wouldnt it have been great if a british privateer team on non full factory bikes had won wsb, how much confidence would gse/monstermob and the like gain from it too ????

sadly by the sounds of it that will never happen
Old 05-Nov-2004, 18:18
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by deej
thats crafty, suppose it kinda makes sense, but surely 3 ducati's up against a Hon..hon..hon..unregonised word.. would have been better. i thought that this new pirelli tyre control stopped all that crap happening though or ddi they just not let haga have the best compounds

and if corse didnt want to keep toseland then it might have been good for them and definetly good for the sport if haga had won,its good but also boring that the full factory teams keep winning wouldnt it have been great if a british privateer team on non full factory bikes had won wsb, how much confidence would gse/monstermob and the like gain from it too ????

sadly by the sounds of it that will never happen

From what was said it sounded as though there was only one tyre compound etc for the day, and everyone within reason had chosen that, Haga was not permitted to use that compound, obviously a few back handers going on there me thinks....
Old 05-Nov-2004, 19:28
Ducati Meccanica

bit unfair if you ask me but then thats politics for you

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit