Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Jan-2004, 16:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
888 Carbon or Glass Panels

Sorry to ask again on what is an already done to death subject, but does anyone know what suppliers are still shipping carbon body panels for the 888. I am split between a brand new set of Ducati glass panels or custom painting up a carbon set. I have just been hunting around the web and it looks like Imberger have ceased making the tank (confirmed) and the body panels (awaiting mail from them to cfm)

Sebimoto might still make the panels in carbon, I will check with one of the European distributors – Anyone like to comment on their quality?

Sharkskins seem only to do glass fibre so I’d not be much better off than buying from Ducati, I assume the Sjharkskins panels are lighter. Do they fit?

Any other options that you have used or know of? I am particularly interested in the amount of fettling these aftermarket fairing require to fit. I have some interesting experiences of panels that have ended up looking like they are crash repairs by the time they have been suitably adjusted.

Regards,

Rob
Old 18-Jan-2004, 16:35
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
Have you checked with Ducati if they still make the carbon panels? I would've thought that at least the race version would still be available.

How about these guys, although in the States, they are good kit:
Airtech
Old 24-Jan-2004, 14:31
Montjuic

panels

I've not been able to find any carbon panels. I've found S/H panels on ebay which I'm getting painted. Most of the 888 stuff on ebay seems to be from Germany, I've bought a few parts just be careful in the translation.
Old 31-Jan-2004, 17:56
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Have you tried ARD racing here in the UK?
They list 851/888 fairings and the older type 851 seat unit.

www.ardracing.com