Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Feb-2004, 19:10
Big Twin

well...the general outcome is that very few companies this side of the pond are prepared to do a deal on any kind of bulk order. Those that are, are for silly money (ie £250-300+) and would not be out of place on a GP grid.

Several 'contacts' in the m/c industry have tried but to no avail. Companies just don't seem interested at the mo...whether its the time of year?

So it looks like the Diasec ones are the best Value for money in the UK. £150 for standard or £170 ish for the type complete with heat shield.

Uncle Dennie mentioned 'Chicken wing' (see above posting by him), anyone know of these?

Any other ideas welcome...otherwise it looks like its each man for himself.
Old 16-Feb-2004, 12:23
Mille

Mood: i love rubber
i have dealt with tyresox and i am awaiting a delivery of 10 sets warmers i will sell them on to interested peeps from dsc for a good price,any one interested please u2u me

tyreman
Old 16-Feb-2004, 20:12
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I've received an e-mail from Clive Racing.
They do euroquip warmers. Heat shield type are extra, but still not perfect for ducatis with anything more than 45mm termies. The can do warmers with a glass matting for an extra £15.00 They are willing to give 10% for 10 or more purchase's. The warmers are £250.00 plus the £15 for the glass matting less 10% and I guess plus P&P

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by Jon]
Old 16-Feb-2004, 22:22
Big Twin

OK...the score is that Diasec WILL NOT do any form of club/group discount. Please don't phone them and ask them again...I think they may well be getting the message now...but they won't budge. £150 for standard or £170ish for the type with heat shield. The general feeling is that they are good for the money with numerous DSC members having used and raved about them.

Other options...Tyremans offer above...I have U2U'd him...but he is still waiting on a definate price from TyreSox before offering them up for sale, hopefully won't be too long if you are after the TyreSox brand. I expect, although please correct me if I'm wrong tyreman, but they will probably work out a bit more than the DiaSec ones.

You pay yer money...etc.

I guess it really depends on how much you wanna spend