Ducati Sporting Club UK
Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers!
This section allows you to ask questions about insurance directly to Ducati Insurance and receive a reply!

Old 13-Aug-2009, 00:43
Big Twin

Insurance for specials and trackbikes??

I have been with eBike insurance for a while and my renewal for the ST4s is about £170 (TPFT) which I believe is reasonable in London.

I am trying to add a heavily modified SPS Foggy to this now as I am close to complete the bike and price is rocketing to £1300 FPFT logging only a value of £10,000 for the bike (anyhow, most of the parts are priceless, so whatever the amount really).
The bike has tuned motor, 54mm termis, race forks and shock, 10 spoke wheels, full carbon bodywork, corse tank, corse airbox, bored injectors, monoblock brembos, longer swingarm, etc.

Any idea where I should knock with such a bike?
There is the catch that obviously the ST4s is the workhorse used everyday. The 996 would be used very occasionally for the Sunday shake down ... but yet multibike policies force you to log Commuting for all bikes.

Next problem is that I have a 998s as well which is even more modified. Basically RS chassis with the lot, bored to 1038, Nemesis, etc.
Not to be used on the road, track only.
No point in loading the policy anymore and I am after a Fire and Theft insurance only for this one with value around £20,000.
Any idea where I should go??

Any advice welcome to save me phoning around and finding after 15min into the call that they don't really like modified bikes...

Thanks
philippe
Old 13-Aug-2009, 05:32
GTL

Mood: Faster!!!
try competition car insurance?

http://www.competition-car-insurance.co.uk/

they do specific policies to cover risk when not racing.....so everywhere it is when it aint on track.

55k cost 1k pa!
Old 03-Sep-2012, 14:38
Mille
Bikes: YZF750R, DD 'B' class monster #2

Adrian Flux insured my BMW318iS engined Mazda RX7
Old 03-Sep-2012, 14:44
Ducati Corse

Footman james do my SP5 with all the corsa bits(in mag wheels,carbon tank etc) for an agrred value of £17K
Old 06-Jan-2013, 16:31
Bevel Head

Mood: Like the English weather happy go free Beep! Beep!
Insurance

Howdo!

I'm on the look for insurance for my modded Superlight and seem to be struggling, looking at getting a tracker fitted to open up my options. No joy with Footman James etc.....

Clean license, over 12 years no clams, garaged, factory immobiliser, low risk area.......

How did people agree values with insurance companies?

Worried that if the bike is stolen I would only get market value, BST's cost a fortune along with carbon body work, engine etc...

Cheers Pablo