Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 06-Jun-2006, 15:45
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 900SSie

Pembrey 7th July

I'll be off on my first track day on the 7th of July to Pembrey with Phil Bevan. I'll be on a 96' 750SS and my father will be on his carbed 900SS.

My father has done Pembrey once before but as it will be my first time out what advice can you give me for Pembrey and track days in general?

The bike will be getting a full going over and some new rubber before hand so that side is taken care of.

My father booked it and put us both in the intermediate group. I'm a relatively fast road rider but having never been on track before I'm slightly nervous about this. Will I and the bike be up to it?

Oh well I guess time will tell for that last part.

Finally is anybody else going to be there?
Old 12-Jun-2006, 07:35
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Honestly debating this one now after another cracking day on track with Phil Bevan Trackdays... superb time down there this weekend, loads of the regulars out there from previous dates, and some blindingly quick new guys...

Old 12-Jun-2006, 08:34
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Best advice is to pay attention during the briefing and listen to what Alan has to say.
Then when out on track make good use of the marker cones they have placed for turnin, apex and exit points.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:08
Mille

Nice to know you enjoyed the last Phil Bevan day so much weeksy, bodes well for this one!

I didn't know there would be cones at turn-in points etc. Will it be much easier to learn the basics of the track with those?

Have fun with the new monster skiddy, don't hurt her too much!
Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:18
888 at Last !!!

Now you've got me thinking. Even though this is a long jouney I'd like to do a track day with some other SS people. I've got a 900SL '96. Where can I find details about this trackday?
Old 12-Jun-2006, 10:36
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Yes, it's much easier with the turn in cones... Pembrey is a fairly flat track and 'markers' from the sides of track are few and far between, i imagine, when racing there it's really quite tough for turn in etc....

What do you wanna know Ziggi ?

£99 for the day.... i can give you the organisers email addy if you like ?
Old 12-Jun-2006, 11:05
888 at Last !!!

Yes email address would be great thanks.

I'm also wondering if the inters is the right group for me. I was in inters on my 996. I guess they can always put me down to the novices
Old 12-Jun-2006, 12:25
Mille

Last time my Dad went there on his 900SS he was in the inters and had no trouble keeping up round Pembrey. The bike is up to the job if thats what your asking.
Old 12-Jun-2006, 13:20
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Last time I raced there which was on my 583cc Desmo Due bike I was entered in Minitwins and sharing the Grid with Sound of Thunder and managed to beat the odd big bike including a 996 so I'm sure a 900SS or SL will hold its own on a trackday there no matter what group providing the rider is suited to that group.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook