Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 19-Jul-2004, 14:24
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
MotoGp title

The German GP. Well!!!!!

That's stired things up a bit.

Has Sete lost it?

Is the Yamaha good enough everywhere yet to take the title?

Is it now going Max's way?
Max quite often goes better in the second half of the season after he has got the bike how he wants it, and this year he is already up there.

Gonna be good

Shame there's no Dukes up there though!
Old 19-Jul-2004, 14:46
Bevel Head

Mood: Neutral - but only maybe. 1994 Duc 916S1, 2006 Duc Sportclassic 1000 Sport
Biaggi to win - he deserves a break

Caparossi to stay upright - he deserves some top points

Melandri to stay on it - to reduce the number of riders following going for the height and distance record - if that was an olympic long jump it would have been out of the stadium

Rossi - well what can you say, time someone else had a chance, but also would be nice to see Yamaha win the crown so a bit divided on that one, can't knock Rossi though the guys a star

Oh yeah and Chas Davies to win the 250 title
Old 19-Jul-2004, 15:40
Bevel Head

Mood: Grumpy 'Old' Man!
The question for is....Is this Max's year to win the title while Vale is on an inferior bike?

I think that Sete will step up and take it back from Max and Rossi...Sete and Max will then be out to get one another and Rossi will comfortably take the title this year again...(At least that is what I would like to see)

Love to see the Ducatis doing anything more than what they are doing now...
Old 19-Jul-2004, 16:10
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I think it will be Rossi, through sheer consistency. If he doesn't win the race it's not his style to go down the road trying.

If Sete can stay upright he'll go down to the wire but Rossi has the wood on him mentally I think. When they are right together on the last lap at any circuit I'm going to tip Rossi to go over the line first.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 16:33
Big Twin

Sticking my neck out here and going for Max.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 17:27
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
how about all 3 in with a shout going into the last race. dont think its beyond belief. if its does happen the pressure will be on sete and biaggi as they maybe view it as their best shot at the title.

i for one would actually quite like biaggi to win it i think he deserves something for all his good riding over the years but whoever wins it will deserve it.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 17:55
Mille

Mood: Yoi
Rossi was incredibly aggressive until his tyres went off but you wonder just how heroic his ride was from then on to get fourth?

Can't wait for this weekend although I'll only see it in the flesh on Friday but will be glued to Eurosport from then on.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 18:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
well Max mucked up my pre-season prediction yesterday. I said he would win the championship without winning a single race. Up until yestarday he was on form, - he has been riding each race to get points, and as such with amazing control. I think Rossi and Burgess have sussed this which is why Rossi dropped back yesterday, and looked so happy in his garage after the race. He is now going for points. Max is good at Donington, - he is smooth and can carry high corner speed, - Vale and Sete could trip over each other again, - Barros is a good Honda rider to have in there to take points from Yamaha as is Nicky H. Edwards needs to sort it out so as to join the party.
Ducati, - "Ruben's your man to watch, he is the future", - think i might put a copyright on that statement.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 18:17
Big Twin

Not sure about Xaus, never thought he has everthing needed to win at the top level. He is undoubtedly quick but not championship material.
Never managed it in Supersport or Superbike and MotoGP is tougher still.
But I would like him to prove me wrong.
Old 19-Jul-2004, 19:42

Mood: more like moody
I really hope it goes to Rossi this year for a couple of reasons. Honda think they can just pick someone up off the street, shove them on their bike and they will win everything. I would also like to see Rossi do back to back championships on 2 makes of bike.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit