Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 19-Oct-2006, 10:34
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
finished the year as top novice in class B and 4th overall and will be aiming to win class B next year but could do with some help in setting up the bike as its still 1994 standard.

My number is 07921717078 is you like to talk to me
Old 19-Oct-2006, 11:38
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Me me me , but seriously I don't want your money so give it to fil2 and have your name on one of the winning bikes
Old 19-Oct-2006, 11:42
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Oooh yes please Why, well, as the only girl in Desmo Due (that I know of at present anyway) I am fairly easy to spot, my bike is lovingly prepared by myself and Couch in our workshop and I think she looks the part, but some nice sponsorship stickers would liven her up a bit I can make a mean bacon and mushroom roll in the caravan, essential for any race fan
Old 19-Oct-2006, 11:54
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Talking

Of course you could always sponsor an ex-DD racer. For a not inconsiderable sum I'd happily parade your stickers around the Nurburgring track all day, every weekend during the summer. You can't ask for more than that eh Mav
Old 19-Oct-2006, 13:12
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
I could do with any help I can get Mav

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...ad.php?t=37700

With the right help and the ability to afford trackdays to gain circuit knowledge, something which I've been lacking this year I feel I am capable of running at the front, which I proved at Cadwell by taking pole 583 position since it's the only track I haven't had to learn during qualifying

Thanks for reading, Kyle
Old 19-Oct-2006, 14:53
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlist
Of course you could always sponsor an ex-DD racer. For a not inconsiderable sum I'd happily parade your stickers around the Nurburgring track all day, every weekend during the summer. You can't ask for more than that eh Mav

Keith,
Don't listen to Paul, you'll spend an absolute fortune on replacing your advertising stickers when they become abraded against the tarmac several times each year. Although I don't race in the DD, I am known to frequent DD meetings and track days to support my fellow DSC / DD members. I'll do the same as Paul at the 'Ring', only at a much slower pace, at least this way "Joe Public" will have the time to be able to read your stickers and anyway I think they'll look good on a 1098S. Sponsor me, you know it makes sense.

Richard.
Old 19-Oct-2006, 16:37
500SD

Oooooooooh yes please
No space left on bike so leathers and helmet only availible

Only.............................................J oking
Old 19-Oct-2006, 20:26
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I need sponsoring Mav!!

I just lost one very good sponsor who made a big difference to me this season

We have all the gear and a great infrastructure, but I need some financial help. I earn, wait for it... £780 a month!! That just about covers, rent, bills and loans etc. (I've been stacking 2006 racing costs on my dad's credit card, and he doesn't earn much more than me!!)

I know it may look like we have lots of cash and the motorhome etc. but we don't. Chass has invested £000's already (and so have I), so a little help towards entries would be what I'm looking for in 2007.

We won't be doing so many trackdays in 2007 (probably none!) and we'll use 3-4 sets of tyres (£390-£520).

It doesn't sound much (to some), but I simply don't have the £300-£500 a month spare income to go racing (and I aint gunna retire yet!!). I've had a couple websites which have helped get me out of a hole here and there, but it's sporadic.

I think my sponsors get value for money too.

Racedays for example will be getting 40 (hopefully) potential new customers on a pre-season test weekend in February. Louigi Moto has got lots of business via the Doomski. I think Henners had a good season, and Chass does it for the love

So there we are. Dom's 'plea' for help. I think you could help anyone in DD, they're all deserving of some support - even the filthy rich ones - it takes a lot of effort and commitment (as well as cash) to get out there every weekend - especially when the yacht is calling

Old 19-Oct-2006, 20:36
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
If I had some, my money would be on the wonderboy
Old 19-Oct-2006, 20:38
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
If I had some, my money would be on the wonderboy

Thanks Tonio