Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Apr-2005, 11:35
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I'm sure Boxy will do his best for you , he's in contact with both Ducati UK and JHP pretty regularly (Tony who is one of the after sales managers for Ducati UK used to work for Hackett in a previous life) and between them they can sort most problems , with something intermittent like this though it never seems to happen when you want it to

Hope you get it sorted soon
Old 22-Apr-2005, 01:19
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
Trigger bring it down to Glasgow m8, Ducati Glasgow are amazing. Great Service.

/ian
Old 22-Apr-2005, 01:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Have they checked the CO2 reading when it goes into fast idle mode, if its richening it self up you would have to wonder about the temp sensors and alike.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 23:07

Update,

now the ambient temperature is above 10 degC (well just up here in aberfreeze) the bike is behaving itself, so, as before, no recorded fault, no replicating the problem, nothing to be done.
On advice from the dealer I have written to both the dealer and Ducati UK to register the fault, so should it happen again within a reasonable time frame, but outwith the warranty the bike will be covered. Well thats what Duk UK wrote back and said.

Result..............probably not, but better than nothing, and I can get on with my summer

Russ
Old 09-Jun-2005, 00:21

My 999 did this a couple of times in the colder damper weather over the winter. It was usually after a gentle cruise on the motorway and manifested itself as a racing engine when coming to a halt (you had to pull the clutch in to avoid going up the back of the car in front) or like having a cruise control that couldn't be turned off. It would stick at about 5000 rpm.

It was somewhat disconcerting to say the least.

I pulled everything apart but couldn't find any reason for it. As weather got warmer (and drier) the problem disappeared. I can only put it down to some kind of icing up - maybe in the throttle cable somewhere or the throttle butterflies or sensors - some dampness that intermittently froze up. A brief halt and engine stop and restart always cleared it up.