Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 03-Mar-2006, 12:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Yes we do, and I can see the need for a non official one as well that isn't tied to the club
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I must admit, that all the whinging and back biting on the DD forum has been a bit depressing of late. Sorry to have to say this, but as somebody who has bought up kids through their teenage years it reminded me a lot of their teenage squabbling. It doesn't reflect very well on the individuals involved, the message board or the club.

For all that, the demand in the club of late has been for openess and transparency in everything they do and I think we should keep it exactly where it is.

Another thing that DD racers often seem to forget that it's the 90% of club members who are not DD racers that make the series possible. Without us there would be no DSC and no series. However, the DD posts are often framed in such a way that the comments are addressed purely to other DD racers, as if the general DSC member has no right to be interested or make any comment.

[edited to say:] A perfect example is the post directly above this one from Couchcommando that was put up as I typed this reply [end of edit]

There are loads of people, like me, who will never race, either through lack of funds, family commitments, ill health or whatever. However, people like me are still intensely interested in DD. We are proud of it. We feel it is OUR series just as much as it is the racers series. We love following the various diaries and seeing the trials and tribulations that people go through to get a race ready bikes. We love going to the races when we can get there and we love following the championship tables.

So we need the DD forum to stay right where it is. We can be self selecting if we don't want to read any further into a thread that's derailed itself into bitching, but we don't want to see the DD spin off into it's own little enclave either (unless of course the DD racers want to spin off from the DSC altogether and form their own cosy little club).

Remember that we're your supporters and we need our fanzine.

[Edited on 3-3-2006 by Jools]
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:18
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : Jools
I must admit, that all the whinging and back biting on the DD forum has been a bit depressing of late. Sorry to have to say this, but as somebody who has bought up kids through their teenage years it reminded me a lot of their teenage squabbling. It doesn't reflect very well on the individuals involved, the message board or the club.

For all that, the demand in the club of late has been for openess and transparency in everything they do and I think we should keep it exactly where it is.

Another thing that DD racers often seem to forget that it's the 90% of club members who are not DD racers that make the series possible. Without us there would be no DSC and no series. However, the DD posts are often framed in such a way that the comments are addressed purely to other DD racers, as if the general DSC member has no right to be interested or make any comment.

[edited to say:] A perfect example is the post directly above this one from Couchcommando that was put up as I typed this reply [end of edit]

There are loads of people, like me, who will never race, either through lack of funds, family commitments, ill health or whatever. However, people like me are still intensely interested in DD. We are proud of it. We feel it is OUR series just as much as it is the racers series. We love following the various diaries and seeing the trials and tribulations that people go through to get a race ready bikes. We love going to the races when we can get there and we love following the championship tables.

So we need the DD forum to stay right where it is. We can be self selecting if we don't want to read any further into a thread that's derailed itself into bitching, but we don't want to see the DD spin off into it's own little enclave either (unless of course the DD racers want to spin off from the DSC altogether and form their own cosy little club).

Remember that we're your supporters and we need our fanzine.

[Edited on 3-3-2006 by Jools]

I do agree with you Jools. DD is the club series, so it's its members series. And the DD public message board must stay here, it's needed.

But I also think that not everything can be said on the message board, because each of us represents the club and so each of us must do it well... But sometimes things must be said when people are not happy. So that's why I think it can be usefull if, while using the messageboard for all nice things about DD (bike prep, meeting reports, etc...), the racers are allowed to "virtually" meet somewhere else where they could express exactly what they think or need to express without needing to beware about what people are going to think when reading it (Domski's style )...

Just like you I love Ducatis.
Just like you I love the DSC.
Just like you I love the DD series.
But not like you it's costing me a fortune, so there may be some topics on which, with all the respect I owe you, I will prefer to have the opinion of other people who are putting a lot of money in it as they may understand me better.

I really hope not to have offended anybody here. I'm sure the can of worms is well closed at the bottom of the bin...

[Edité le 3-3-2006 par Tonio600]
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:24
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Trust the French to come in and stir it all up again

Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:26
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
The DD forum is a great asset. It's like any other talking shop, it can get a bit heated at times but, there's lots of useful info in there - I find it good for ideas for my 800ss racers cos what you guys try is directly relevant to my bikes.
Old 03-Mar-2006, 13:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Message original : domski
Trust the French to come in and stir it all up again

Trust Domski to start it all