Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Aug-2009, 12:11
Bevel Head

Steve Klee is an angel

Steve Klee, who I'd never even had the pleasure to speak to before last Sunday's race day, was parked close to us at Cadwell Park.

When Steve realised Betty the Bike was too smashed up to get out on time for Race Two (or One or whatever it was!), he insisted I ride his bike while he sat out the rest of the day.

When Steve saw me struggle to get on with an unfamiliar bike, he removed all the parts from his bike – almost the entire front end and more – and worked hard with Cobby to fit them onto Betty to get us out on time for the four-lap dash.

THANK YOU STEVE KLEE YOU ARE AN ANGEL!

Hxx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	Harri_crash_1.jpg.jpg Views:	214 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	11017  Click image for larger version Name:	Harri_crash_2.jpg.jpg Views:	203 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	11018  Click image for larger version Name:	Harri_crash_3.jpg.jpg Views:	194 Size:	121.8 KB ID:	11019  
Old 07-Aug-2009, 13:24
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Yep Big Up for Steve, true DD spirit.

Harriet is you bike going to be repaired in time for Castle Combe or Pembrey, if you need to borrow any parts let us know what you need I may be able to help

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 07-Aug-2009, 13:47
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
top effort there Steve!!

Nice work Harriet and likewise if we can help with any bits to get you going then just shout
Old 07-Aug-2009, 16:11
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Nice effort Steve, I'd like to say thanks to Chaz, Shane and Shep for their help getting me back on track too.
Harriet, I can't make Pembrey so if there's any bits I can lend give me a shout. That offer goes out to all.
Scott #50
Old 07-Aug-2009, 16:16
Big Twin

I would also agree most strongly with these comments, one of lifes gentlemen in the encounters I have had with Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Riot
Steve Klee, who I'd never even had the pleasure to speak to before last Sunday's race day, was parked close to us at Cadwell Park.

When Steve realised Betty the Bike was too smashed up to get out on time for Race Two (or One or whatever it was!), he insisted I ride his bike while he sat out the rest of the day.

When Steve saw me struggle to get on with an unfamiliar bike, he removed all the parts from his bike – almost the entire front end and more – and worked hard with Cobby to fit them onto Betty to get us out on time for the four-lap dash.

THANK YOU STEVE KLEE YOU ARE AN ANGEL!

Hxx
Old 07-Aug-2009, 16:36
DesmoDue Riders Rep
Bevel Head

Mood: happy
Yes i have to agree with Harriet, You are an angel Steve, True DD sprit.
xx
Old 07-Aug-2009, 16:41
Mille

Mood: elated
Unhappy all involved

hi all
yes, a big up to Steve for lending his bike and his time and efforts to get Harriet back out for race two but lots of other people went out of there way to help her and others that weekend and that is what the spirit of DD is all about IMHO!! Some off us seem to be too carried away with the competition aspect and the red mist descends as soon as the lights go out.
Now i do understand that we as a species like to have a pecking order and that always will result in one upmanship/ competitive feelings, but the spirit of DD is all about the love of the bikes and having fun with friends. lets not take the competition part too far, please?
cheers ross
Old 07-Aug-2009, 17:27
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Well done Steve and it does show how great the people are in DD. If it wasnt for Chass with his glues I wouldnt have got out in any points race!! And Skids has got me out of trouble many times, so these people I solute you and hopefully I can help some people too, you only need to ask

Andy
Old 07-Aug-2009, 18:11
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
I can not agree more about the DD sprit. Being new to this side of the fence I have seen it first hand and frankly was gobsmacked by the help I have recived. As Shep said to me when I tried to shove some petrol money his way.." nooo thx its a DD thing, wee al help each other out"

So nice one Steve, and well done Harriet for getting back on the horse.

Craig
Old 07-Aug-2009, 20:55
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by andys 900ss
Well done Steve and it does show how great the people are in DD. If it wasnt for Chass with his glues I wouldnt have got out in any points race!! And Skids has got me out of trouble many times, so these people I solute you and hopefully I can help some people too, you only need to ask

Andy

Tim may be along soon to pose a request.