Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Jan-2005, 18:37
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
right then - where do you expect to come?

right then, balls on the line time, none of this.......

"i'll be last",

"no i will",

"no after you",

"i'll just cruise around" ,stuff.

where do you really think you will come out of say a grid of 25 DSC members taking into account experience etc.

for me having never raced before and not being overly quick on trackdays anyway i would'nt expect to be up front with the guys with more experience but will be seriously fed up coming in the bottom 3 each time. to finish in the top 10 in any race would for me be a huge achievement. but i would guess to being in the 17/20 area. and, yes, for me that really is putting my balls on the line.
Old 07-Jan-2005, 18:39
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Dickie . REMEMBER Hare & tortoise

u just never know !!!.......mav
Old 07-Jan-2005, 18:55
Big Twin

At least a year behind the rest of you

Would love to join in with you but I'm getting married in july.
But who knows next year if the wife lets me.
Old 07-Jan-2005, 19:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
gawd knows, dickie!
but like you, I'll be well chuffed with a top ten spot.

plan is to get in there, do my best, then see what's a realistic target for the next round.
Old 07-Jan-2005, 20:40
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
The aim is to finish races and hopefully be in the points !
Going up to JHP tomorrow to meet with John and Dave to hopefully iron out a few details (although we still dont have a final decision on the Multistradas).
We are having trouble sourceing some radial brakes and WSB Ohlins forks (only joking Weeksy)
Seriously our biggest headache is going to be bodywork,bellypan is modfied monster but the plastics are going to be a real problem
We have been told the bikes will be here late Feb at the latest,if there here by the 12th we will be at cadwell .
Butch
Old 07-Jan-2005, 20:43
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
I am coming last in every round - pretty much guaranteed.

The only way this doesn't happen is if someone bins it - and I don't wish this on anyone.

I've been riding bikes for 14 years and can hold me own with anyone in London rush hour traffic but the track is a different animal altogether. My track experience is limited to CSS level 1 & 2 and it was on a bandit, not a sportsbike.

I will say that I took the SS to work today - any of you that haven't got your bikes yet will have to recalibrate your brains for how slow these things are!
Old 08-Jan-2005, 14:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Just like Age996 I will be several years behind. I've taken part in competitive motorsport before but only on 4 wheels navigating rally cars; enough to have tasted the competitive buzz.

This year is a very expensive one for me and I simply can't afford it, because I've also done enough motorsport to know that there ain't no such thing as cheap racing.

On the other hand I was immediately taken by the thought of doing Desmodue for a number of reasons. Racing is something that I've always wanted to do, and since I will also be 50 later this year I wanted to give it a bash as one of lifes ambitions before I get too old to try it (after all at my age even if I start in a couple of years I've hardly got the prospect of another 20 years racing like you youngsters). The other factors were that it's a club thing. Not saying it won't be aggresive racing but in it's first season there would have been a whole bunch of novices learning together, by the time I get to do it you'll all have a couple of seasons head start and have very sharp elbows and big blades sticking out of the wheel spindles (like Ben Hur).

The final reason that I was attracted to it is that I ride a low powered ST2 but still manage to squeeze into the fast group and keep up with, or stay in front of, more powerful and sporty machines on track days. With a level playing field I quite fancy myself as being pretty competitive, which might be total crap, but I may get a chance to find out for myself in a couple of years.
Old 08-Jan-2005, 14:33
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
God knows!!!

There seems to be limited info about the entrants - so who can tell.

I'd like to think that I can be fairly competitive in the early stages and will look to significantly improve over the season.

I realise that all participants will improve, but this is a toe in the water in racing for me and if I don't reach a level of ability at the end of the year that I'd personally want to reach (and this is not necessarily a "where I finish" thing, more a personal capability), then I'll have to reconsider what I look to do with racing, if anything at all.

The DD series may well meet all of my racing/track ambitions and stretch my track capabilities to the full, it may fall way short or I could be found very wanting in terms of track craft and ability. It may be a stepping stone to other racing - time will tell.

But I'm looking forward to a thoroughly enjoyable, competitive, worthwhile experience that I hope to look back on at the end of the season and be extremely glad that I participated.

Roll on Cadwell.....
Old 08-Jan-2005, 15:50
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
once ive worked out if i can afford it and sign upto race i'd be happy to finish top 15 each race as that would get me points in a moto gp race so i'd like 6 top 15 finishes please

im hoping my experience of riding a 60bhp rvf400 like a nutter on these cornish roads will aid me as i know how to ride the wheels of it and how well it corners so im keeping me fingers crossed on that 1

hopefully be on the grid to see how it goes !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-Jan-2005, 16:35
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
im hoping my experience of riding a 60bhp rvf400 like a nutter on these cornish roads will aid me as i know how to ride the wheels of it and how well it corners so im keeping me fingers crossed on that
Not sure how much time you've spent on track deej but I'll tell you now that all your road experience counts for **** all