Ducati Sporting Club UK
View Poll Results: 2nd bike which one would you want?
S2R 800 3 23.08%
M900 1 7.69%
M1000DS 4 30.77%
S2R 1000 4 30.77%
M600 620 696 etc. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-May-2009, 23:13
Bevel Head
Bikes: T8 SP4 / Buell 1125CR

lol you guys are a blast, am lost in choice though, much as I love my 888 it’s a pain in the #ss to run down town or just out for a quick blat, so added a poll ..
Old 05-May-2009, 23:24
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Would they be the ZR rated Diablos

I agree with Keefy about the S2R, I've got yer average issue size 9's and the zorsts still push my heel out to an uncomfortable position where your ankle feels like it's going to fall off after 20 mins.

I don't agree with the 888's handling being 'loose' though - that's just my bowels when I chuck it in too fast

I have admittedly only done 500 miles on my S2R but had no problems with my size 10s.....

And that included a 260 mile outing.....
Old 06-May-2009, 02:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Voted for the S2R 1000 as out of those listed its the one I would prefer, don't get me wrong My 800 version is a real hot, i'm just thinking about the extra wheelie capability from the extra cc. My bike with a thou engine would be a great option.
Saying that I doubt if I'll own a 1000 Monster as I do like the new 1100 so maybe one day.
I've done about 4K miles on my 800 so far and as I only have size 7 feet I haven't encountered any probs. Carried out a oil and filter change a few weeks back and reset the service indicator using the buttons on the dash.

Give it another couple of months I'll change the belts and do the valve clearances, then if I have time i'll check the cam timing and adjust as necessary as it'll probably get used more than any of the other bikes come next winter, After all it is an air cooled Monster and they are easy to work on

I've seen 140 on the clock with standard gearing but prefer the lower gearing from the 14T on the front.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook

Last edited by skidlids : 06-May-2009 at 14:34.
Old 06-May-2009, 14:27
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
lol you guys are a blast, am lost in choice though, much as I love my 888 it’s a pain in the #ss to run down town or just out for a quick blat, so added a poll ..
Have you considered the Hypermotard?
Old 06-May-2009, 22:18
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Would be an S4RS for me-but then I am an acknowledged power thug. When I rode DUK's demo bike which had been chipped with termi's at Cadwell a couple of years back I thought it was a wonderful thing-great handling, brakes, and went like effluent off an earth moving device.

John

Growing old-disgracefully!
Old 06-May-2009, 22:46
Bevel Head
Bikes: T8 SP4 / Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Have you considered the Hypermotard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty
Would be an S4RS for me-but then I am an acknowledged power thug. When I rode DUK's demo bike which had been chipped with termi's at Cadwell a couple of years back I thought it was a wonderful thing-great handling, brakes, and went like effluent off an earth moving device.

John

Awesome machines, just too much money for me on a second bike though.
Old 06-May-2009, 23:35
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty

John

Well, the different strokes for different folks etc... I rode an S4RS round Cadwell and it's the only Ducati I've actually hated. Boots and pegs scraping at even moderate angles of lean, not able attack bends with anywhere near the same gusto, bars slapping wildly over minor bumps and sitting with your right leg contorted over the zorst....'orrible thing. It's a bit of an animal if you like that sort of thing, but I prefer to go faster than fight the bike.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 07-May-2009, 00:14
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Well, the different strokes for different folks etc... I rode an S4RS round Cadwell and it's the only Ducati I've actually hated. Boots and pegs scraping at even moderate angles of lean, not able attack bends with anywhere near the same gusto, bars slapping wildly over minor bumps and sitting with your right leg contorted over the zorst....'orrible thing. It's a bit of an animal if you like that sort of thing, but I prefer to go faster than fight the bike.
Agreed!
I rode one down the Bardney-Bucknall road,.....it was an absolute nightmare.
Old 07-May-2009, 12:26
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Have to be an S4RS, the only Ducati I've riden recently that made me think about selling the 998.

Loads of power, big wide bars and low seat for the vertically deficient.

Great hooligan bike from the old school.

Ray.
Old 07-May-2009, 12:30
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Bars slapping wildly over minor bumps I prefer to go faster than fight the bike.

That's 'character' Jools-anyway, if you give it enough gas the bars don't flap-'cause the front wheels in the air.............

You never did ride the TZ did you mate?-that would have taught you a thing or two about 'Bars slapping wildly'-manic thing, out of the power band it was flat as a witches tit-in the powerband it was a total animal-HUGE fun.
Ask WJB-he always liked the steering damper turned up to stop the front twitching (shaking like a mad thing)-I prefered it turned down so I could feel what it was doing and the shakes didn't seem to bother me.
As you said above-Different strokes..................

John

Growing old-disgracefully!