Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Sep-2005, 21:59
500SD

Mood: Yellow!!
Frame paint

OK well we all know it's pretty crap, what's the best thing to do with the following:

One small patch looks like it's lifted a bit almost like it's bubbled, it would break off to the touch.

A could of small scratches behind the exhaust hanger, from me trying to rehang my exhausts and not having another pair of hands. These are seriously tricky to fit by yourself!!! I found the only way was to position the hanger and put a screwdriver between it and the frame, hard to explain but hence the scratches, hindsight?? well I should have put a cloth between the screwdriver and the frame, but since you can't see it I'm not too worried, just more bothered about the frame now being slightly exposed.

Just want to ensure the frame doesn't get damaged by the elements but also want a tidy job.

Thanks
Old 19-Sep-2005, 11:54
Mille

I have a simlar issue, i have seen a company on flea bay that produce touch up paint, i havn't tried it but i intend to later once winter arrives and the bike is off the road.

If anyones used it let me know.

Linkhttp://www.bike-paint.co.uk

[Edited on 19-9-2005 by andyc]

[Edited on 19-9-2005 by andyc]