Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-Nov-2005, 12:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Antonye,

Good point.

I assumed they were both on the as they come settings, I know one the non nitrided bike was for sure. (ohlins bike was for sure as well) nitrided showa bike I didn't check.

I didn't check the tyre pressures and If I recall the tyres were different manufacturers as well!!! Both could affect the ride quality and feel never mind oil weight, No wonder suspension is a black art!! 1,000,0001 variables

Ray
Old 17-Nov-2005, 13:32
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Exactly!

Anyone buying a bike should always get the suspension "refreshed" if they don't know the history, as it can really make the difference between a dog and a dream to ride.

Having the bike setup for you makes even more difference, and again I can't recommend having this done as well.

I swear that the DD bike handles better than the 748 because it has been setup correctly. Once I get round to it I'm sending the 748 off for the same treatment!
Old 17-Nov-2005, 19:57
Montjuic

Thanks all. I'm quite happy with the way the forks perform as they are, I just fancied the look of the gold ones. I may well get in touch with K - Tech and sound them out about a price. Failing that I'll keep a look out for some used ones possibly with radial calipers to justify the expense.
Old 17-Nov-2005, 20:44
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
Quote:
Originally posted by Webcore
I'm sending my forks off to K-Tech for re-valving and they've quoted me £60 per leg for TiN coating. Rebuilding cost is extra.
I decided to go for the coating so I can run the outer seals as 3 days in the dust of Almeria seems to have finished off the inner seals after being rebuilt back in May and only doing about 6 or 7 UK track days

[Edited on 17-11-2005 by Webcore]

£60 a fork leg eh? That sounds better. Perhaps the price has come down, or something like my memory is going ballistic.

When I asked about having this done, it was about 2 or 3 years ago. I remember getting the quote for the Ti coating and thinking sod that!!

DC
Old 17-Nov-2005, 21:04
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Must admit I have considered looking in to getting the outer fork legs and fork bottoms done in black .... any sugestions ? (constructive that is)
Old 17-Nov-2005, 23:02
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
You can pick up replacement fork bottoms, solid billet ones, and I've seen them in black too. Check the usual places - JHP, Casoli, TecMoto, etc.
Old 18-Nov-2005, 00:49
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by DC
Quote:
Originally posted by Webcore
I'm sending my forks off to K-Tech for re-valving and they've quoted me £60 per leg for TiN coating. Rebuilding cost is extra.
I decided to go for the coating so I can run the outer seals as 3 days in the dust of Almeria seems to have finished off the inner seals after being rebuilt back in May and only doing about 6 or 7 UK track days

[Edited on 17-11-2005 by Webcore]

£60 a fork leg eh? That sounds better. Perhaps the price has come down, or something like my memory is going ballistic.

When I asked about having this done, it was about 2 or 3 years ago. I remember getting the quote for the Ti coating and thinking sod that!!

DC

I hope they've quoted me the right price - otherwise I'm in for a shock
Old 18-Nov-2005, 11:42
Mille

You could try the people that actually do the coating, they're really helpful.
Spoke with them some time ago when they came round my firm flogging their services, asked the rep. about fork coatings, no prob. so long as you strip the forks down to the stanchions yourself - (they've done lots.)
The firm is Tecvac - www.tecvac.co.uk tel:01954 233700 based in Cambs.
Hope this is of some use.
Pete