Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 10-Mar-2005, 00:07
Dibble

Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
I see its had a wash n wax then.

I was towing it back on the trailer and went to one of those hand car wash jobbies - they gave the ZX a once over too!!!

All the trick parts will be on ebay soon, so had to clean them.

Its a shame that it'll never see the track again - well it might at Castle Combe if I can't get the Monnie through scrutineering.

Tim

is it going already ????

749R ???
Old 10-Mar-2005, 00:09
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
I see its had a wash n wax then.

I was towing it back on the trailer and went to one of those hand car wash jobbies - they gave the ZX a once over too!!!

All the trick parts will be on ebay soon, so had to clean them.

Its a shame that it'll never see the track again - well it might at Castle Combe if I can't get the Monnie through scrutineering.

Tim

is it going already ????

749R ???

Nah - gonna keep it as a road bike. So its back to standard. There may be a 749R in the offing too, but there's another Italian stallion that has taken my fancy of late.
Old 10-Mar-2005, 00:11
Dibble

excellent ...... my moneys on an SPS as I know you still regret getting rid ...
Old 10-Mar-2005, 00:24
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:

I did think about a certain "modified" SPS that's sitting in JHP at the mo', but what I'm looking at isn't a Ducati !!!!

My ol' SPS was a beauty, the 996R was a better bike, but the SPS had a soul, an emotion, a feeling, a heart, that the 996R couldn't quite replicate - maybe its because I didn't crash the R ??? Who knows. The R was a bit more clinical than the SPS, not true blood - if you see what I mean.

I've learnt a few things from the ZX, probably more about what I don't want rather than what I do. The ZX is a missile, its bullet-proof, reliable, nimble, sure-footed, agile, good in the air.......etc, etc.... - its probably a bit boring. Its very easy to go fast, you just have to be in the right gear and easy on the throttle.

With a Ducati, you have to worry whether it will start first, before you can worry about anything else. (well with the proper older ones at least).

In Cartagena after day 1, three of the four Ducatis in our group had completed 2 laps between them!!! Admittedly this was a combination of mechanical, physical and weather conditions, but nonetheless problems.

There's an element of risk with a Ducati that the Japanese have removed - shame! Its part of the fun.

I know, I know - oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!!
Old 10-Mar-2005, 14:31
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Hi again Harv,

Getting back to your questions, I have measured the various bungs accurately using the plastic ruler that came with my wax crayon colouring set, and they are exactly as follows (ish):

Front right - depth 25mm - diameter 35mm
Front left - depth 30mm - diameter 20mm (skinnier)
Rear right - depth 40mm - diameter 35mm
Rear left - Doh!

As I said before, the rear one is well proud of the wheel rim and will protect the wheel.

Spinoli
Old 10-Mar-2005, 14:33
Mille
Bikes: 998Bip

Mood: Carbonara
Oh, and yes, a suitably deep socket will go over each of the bungs.
Old 10-Mar-2005, 14:51
Big Twin

Cheers Spinoli...will take a look
Old 10-Mar-2005, 20:28
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Quote:

I did think about a certain "modified" SPS that's sitting in JHP at the mo', but what I'm looking at isn't a Ducati !!!!

My ol' SPS was a beauty, the 996R was a better bike, but the SPS had a soul, an emotion, a feeling, a heart, that the 996R couldn't quite replicate - maybe its because I didn't crash the R ??? Who knows. The R was a bit more clinical than the SPS, not true blood - if you see what I mean.

I've learnt a few things from the ZX, probably more about what I don't want rather than what I do. The ZX is a missile, its bullet-proof, reliable, nimble, sure-footed, agile, good in the air.......etc, etc.... - its probably a bit boring. Its very easy to go fast, you just have to be in the right gear and easy on the throttle.

With a Ducati, you have to worry whether it will start first, before you can worry about anything else. (well with the proper older ones at least).

In Cartagena after day 1, three of the four Ducatis in our group had completed 2 laps between them!!! Admittedly this was a combination of mechanical, physical and weather conditions, but nonetheless problems.

There's an element of risk with a Ducati that the Japanese have removed - shame! Its part of the fun.

I know, I know - oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!!!!

thats a bit hard Tim. My problem was a duff battery, Pedro had left his camera or it had got switched on by accident.
2VPete, not sure what was up with his?
Old 10-Mar-2005, 21:00
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Mine worked fine. Though I have to admit to getting a bit bored with all the wheel/tyre changes by the end.
Old 10-Mar-2005, 21:06
Big Twin

Mood: r
petes battery is/was nackered...its been like it for weeks