Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Sep-2013, 21:27
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Ladies only Trackday: Silverstone Oct 3rd

Silverstone to offer 'ladies only' track day in October

Maria Costello MBE will host the 'ladies only' track day at Silverstone.

Tuesday, 24, Sep 2013 11:59

by Myron Jobson

A popular brand of chocolate is known for it's slogan 'its not for girls'. Now, Silverstone is adopting a 'not for men' approach by hosting its first ever Ladies only track day.

The testosterone-free event takes place on 3 October and will be hosted by British motorcycle racer Maria Costello MBE, who notably held the Guinness World Record for being the fastest woman to lap the Isle of Man TT course.

"I'm really excited about instructing a 'women only' group at Silverstone," she said

The biker turned freelance journalist added: "It's something I've wanted to do for some time now as it's my local track and it ties in well with my women only riders [Facebook] group."

The sessions are open to riders of all abilities, and will give the ladies the opportunity to test out improve their riding skills on the famous Northamptonshire circuit, with senior instructors on hand to dish out expert advice.

There are also two other groups also available on the day open to both sexes. The 'Street Sport 1' sessions is aimed at newcomers and those with little track experience, and 'Street Sport 2' for the more experienced riders.

All three sessions cost £129 pp, with mechanic, suspension and tyre service, lunch and all-day refreshments included in the price.

For more information, visit the - Silverstone website

With thanks to:

MotorbikeTimes.com