Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-May-2004, 17:15

ducati 750 ss performance figures

Where can i find some, looked about but can't find much. I basically want to know what the acceleration is like i.e. 0-60 mph times i know that they have relatively low HP for a bike but wondered how they compared to cars? Would it keep up with a mondeo, an audi TT or a lotus elise for example.
Old 27-May-2004, 22:33
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
According to this website (http://www.syclone.freeserve.co.uk/rivals.htm), the 750 monster does a ss 1/4 mile in 13.1 - faster than a Nissan Skyline, TV Griffith, 911 GT3, Evo 6 and Impreza WRX.

You'll need something japanese to beat a McLaren F1 though

Hope this puts your mind at ease Ali!
Old 28-May-2004, 00:39
Big Twin
Bikes: 996 race bike

Mood: Almost over it.
2001 900ss does it in 3.64 according to this -
http://www.mcnews.com/mcnews/article...ndex1-2001.pdf

When I first bought my '99 750ss IE, and it was still in standard stock, I got beaten from a start quite a bit. Since fitting carbon cans (performance benefit debateable but the sound scares them ;-) ) and a 14t front sprocket (a real benefit) I've been doing better.

I don't know how much they were trying but I kept neck and neck with a CBR600 '02 reg to about 60mph recently (conditions demanded braking at that point), although an R6 was all over me today.
Old 28-May-2004, 09:03

cheers chaps, mind put at rest a bit now. I don't want any thing super fast for a first bike but i also don't want little old ladies over taking me in their nissan micras
Old 03-Jun-2004, 17:49

They aren't the fastest bikes around. Top speed - maybe 130 if the wind is blowing from Bologna. Cruising speed - anything up to a ton. Nicest around 90mph when everything seems to gel. Much, much nicer bike than the 900SS IMHO - smoother, sweeter, proper wet clutch, and steers better because of the 160 section rear tyre.

Can still be really, really hustled. Once you realise just how much the chassis can take, you can give faster, more powerful bikes a surprise on anything other than dual carriageways and motorways. Antonye can bear witness to the way mine goes. You just get used to not slowing down for anything, which explains why I'm about to change the disc pads for the first time in seven years and 24,000 miles.

60-odd bhp is *just* enough. Downside is hopping off the 750 and onto a 748, which is just coming on the cam at the point where the 750SS is running out of puff.

Also, and anecdotally, I think the 750SS engine is probably the toughest that Ducati do.

To sum up - about as fast in a straight line as a Suzuki 600 Bandit but so, so much more of a bike.

Oh - and my missus has a Micra.....

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Neil Murray]
Old 07-Jun-2004, 15:06

Cheers neil, all i gotta do now is pass my test and find a bike