Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Dec-2009, 18:07
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
major fairing issues

last week i took the bike out a friday bimble and had something happen to me thats never happened before. as i over pulled out and over took a car at about 60ish the right hand fairing fell apart and flew up the road. i think the underneath bracket broke off as the fairing has broke off around all mounting the points and left bits of fairing still attached to the bike.

my problem now is that as the panel is broken in 3 places and beyond repair im not sure what to do next. should i hunt around but genuine replacement panels or take the plunge and get a chinese bodywork set of ebad ? what sellers have you guys previously used and which paint scheme would you recommend for a 749 that has white wheels and frame im kinda thinkin of going obscure with the nicky hayden laguna scheme or to be traditional and have a xerox or marlboro rep. what would you guys n girls do ??

cheers
Old 27-Dec-2009, 08:05
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej
last week i took the bike out a friday bimble and had something happen to me thats never happened before. as i over pulled out and over took a car at about 60ish the right hand fairing fell apart and flew up the road. i think the underneath bracket broke off as the fairing has broke off around all mounting the points and left bits of fairing still attached to the bike.
Hmm,yeah,some of the early ones did that.Yours did'nt still have the single dzus fastener underneath,did it? They should have been replaced by a bolt and wellnut.
The later bikes have revised fixings with two bolts underneath and differant fixings by the nose.
I have a spare '03 lower in the garage,.....just checked and its a left hand side,.....sorry.
Personally,I always liked the black Breil 749's or the retro silver bike Gianluca Nannelli rode in 2005.

Last edited by KeefyB : 27-Dec-2009 at 16:13.
Old 27-Dec-2009, 23:07
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Hmm,yeah,some of the early ones did that.Yours did'nt still have the single dzus fastener underneath,did it? They should have been replaced by a bolt and wellnut.
The later bikes have revised fixings with two bolts underneath and differant fixings by the nose.

That’s got me laughing mate….how do you know this stuff ?. Between you and Skids you should start your own web pages…”a million and one things known about Ducati but never documented”
Sorry not to be of any inspiration deej but the later standard red, red frame black swing arm does it for me.
Old 09-Jan-2010, 22:31
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
yes it had the one mount underneath but did have a bolt and well nut but upon inspection it looks like it had been broken and repaired before

have placed my order with china for a 1098 tricolor style scheme, think it should go well with my white frame n wheels
Old 10-Jan-2010, 19:32
Bikes: Ducati 916 Bip

I've been down this road with the fairings on my 916 alittle over a year ago where the dzus fasteners came out, well I believe they did and the whole bottom have torn off. I replaced mine with some from a guy in china, ebay id is (wing576) and he is spot on. There is a thread on Ducatisti forum that I did with the story about how mine came off.
http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/duc...8-916-bip.html

well worth a read as the guy from china copied my old fairings just by me sending pictures via email.
I did have some changes made as well and they came within 2 weeks.