Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Mar-2009, 14:26
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
The Desmo Due Weigh In

As we will have lots of free time to kill at Donington I am hoping to bring my two sets of scales along and weigh as many bikes as possible I think we have 34 entered at present. The forms are printed and the ramps are made, maybe have to get some new batteries to be on the safe side

On Saturday the scrutineering bay will be a busy area and then we will be on track at 11am and then later in the afternoon so I am proposing we try and arrange it for either Sunday Morning or Sunday Lunchtime (what would people prefer) and possibly do it in 3 groups

Class B odd numbers
Class B even numbers
Class A - All

Normally weighing of bikes to police the series would take part when a Parc Ferme is held after a race and then bikes directed to the weigh area.

I intend for this to be more of an eye opener so anybody whose bike is under weight can address the situation and those with bikes over weight can look to see where they can make improvements.

I also intend to bring 3 bottles of Plonk with me as prizes, just need to rember to put them in the van with everything else.
One for the lightest legal bike in each class (must have at least 2 litres of fuel in the tank) and one for the Heaviest overall.

As my bike has no chance of being the lightest in class A I was thinking of filling the tank to the brim and see if I can make it the heaviest

Helpful and constructive Comments please

Kev

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 25-Mar-2009, 14:47
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Kev,

I take it that yo will not be weighing the bikes with the rider on then?

Chris
Old 25-Mar-2009, 14:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
I reckon I could have been in with a chance for heaviest as there has hardly been anything removed from mine apart from the required stuff.
Old 25-Mar-2009, 15:24
MotoGP God

Lily that just makes your results that much more impressive,

My bike needs to shed a few more Kilos and the rider a few stone, wouldn't do me any harm in the acceleration and stoping stakes

Maybe by the end of the season we will have a feeling for who had what in the way of power to weight ratios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBushell
Kev,
I take it that yo will not be weighing the bikes with the rider on then?
Chris

Certainly not as the Class A lightest combination is a dead cert, it'll be the skinny guy on No.34

I think Scooter was in with a good chance in Class B but has had to withdraw, he tells us its something to do with strengthening frames but maybe he just couldn't find any lead to get his up to the required weight, He's nothing but a lightweight

Old 25-Mar-2009, 16:00
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Anytime on Friday, Saturday or Sunday will work for me.

So much time to kill that I'm thinking about having a crash or 2 to keep me busy

Thanks so much for your involvement Kev, you are one of the greatest assets of this series.
Old 25-Mar-2009, 16:01
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
And btw, I do hope my bike is as light as I've tried to make it. Look forward to getting some figures
Old 25-Mar-2009, 16:48
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
So much time to kill that I'm thinking about having a crash or 2 to keep me busy

I would suggest a crash at Redgate as I've seen you practice that one and you do it quite well

Old 25-Mar-2009, 16:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Certainly not as the Class A lightest combination is a dead cert, it'll be the skinny guy on No.34

Years of race diet

Craig
Old 25-Mar-2009, 16:25
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
As we will have lots of free time to kill at Donington I am hoping to bring my two sets of scales along and weigh as many bikes as possible I think we have 34 entered at present. The forms are printed and the ramps are made, maybe have to get some new batteries to be on the safe side

On Saturday the scrutineering bay will be a busy area and then we will be on track at 11am and then later in the afternoon so I am proposing we try and arrange it for either Sunday Morning or Sunday Lunchtime (what would people prefer) and possibly do it in 3 groups

Class B odd numbers
Class B even numbers
Class A - All

Normally weighing of bikes to police the series would take part when a Parc Ferme is held after a race and then bikes directed to the weigh area.

I intend for this to be more of an eye opener so anybody whose bike is under weight can address the situation and those with bikes over weight can look to see where they can make improvements.

I also intend to bring 3 bottles of Plonk with me as prizes, just need to rember to put them in the van with everything else.
One for the lightest legal bike in each class (must have at least 2 litres of fuel in the tank) and one for the Heaviest overall.

As my bike has no chance of being the lightest in class A I was thinking of filling the tank to the brim and see if I can make it the heaviest

Helpful and constructive Comments please

Kev

Hope you have the Lloyd's test certificate for them Kev
Old 25-Mar-2009, 16:46
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz
Hope you have the Lloyd's test certificate for them Kev

I used the BSI weights at work to check them and carry out a direct comparison with one of the sets of calibrated scales at work, which are checked not by lloyds but E.H.Oakley to UKAS standards, which I have to make sure gets done as one of my roles is the Calibrated Equipment officer responsible for maintaining a calibrated equipment register that is Audited several times a year by the likes of the BSI and the FDA.