Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Oct-2005, 13:40
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Shazaam has discussed it at length I think, so might be worth searching for his posts on the subject.

I realised that the SS also has a vertically mounted m/c rather than the horizontally slung one (which is also right next to the engine) on the 916 style. This might also be a factor?

Interesting to see that Ducati have gone back to the rear caliper above the rear axle for the 999, but kept the horizontal m/c. Do these suffer the same, and if they don't does this mean that Ducati knew and changed the design accordingly?

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by antonye]
Old 26-Oct-2005, 13:46
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Nelly still has it. Cos it was the wrong bit I never actually got round to picking it up. Will prob see him so will ask.

No worries - as I said at the time it was spare anyway as I had broken mine and ordered one from the local dealer, but they had a big delay in their orders so I ended up getting one off Nattyboy in the end I think (or ebay or similar) as I needed it for the MOT. Of course, the one then turned up at the dealer after I needed it and I had already paid for it...
Old 27-Oct-2005, 21:12
500SD

Mood: Double 9, Single 6.
I have posted about this before,

When the rear brake pedal is depressed, you can see the rear master cylinder move away from the pedal. I swear that it moves a good 2 or 3 mm.
I think its the rear bracket that holds the rear master cylinder. Its too weak. That and the fact that its near to the exhaust etc etc.
Now all I have to do is get around to making a decent bracket and testing it. Either that or my one is a duffer. Saying that though, my rear brake is ok. I bleed it about every 6 months.

Ho hum.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 21:26
Ducati Corse

I havent needed to bleed my rear brake in the three years i have owned the bike. I've got a nice firm pedal, no trouble at all. The brake just doesnt do much even so.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 22:25
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Dallas had ISR stuff on a couple of his specials, real nice kit, some guy called Eddie Lawson use to swear by the product

http://www.isr-brakes.se/products/ma...s/21-010.shtml
Old 28-Oct-2005, 21:17
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
I did 4500 on my 748s and the rear brake worked just as well as any honda i had before could lock it or just drag it abit to brush off speed on wet corners. I think it maybe due to using it a lot slow speed during commuting nealry every day.

On the S4r i have now the caliper is in the same position looks to be the same caliper to. but the master cylinder is away from the engine and at a 45 degree angle and it works very well