Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Oct-2005, 21:35

AP brakes

I've got AP discs & calipers on my Hayabusa and must say they're amazing...in the dry, had a couple of unintentional stoppies - in the wet, they may as well not be there!

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody knows if these wil fit a 748 or if not, is there a viable way of doing so?

Have got wavey discs & Nissin calipers for the 'busa but I can't get at them to offer up and check until I get the kitchen done & can get to them (can't move in our house for kitchen units...since when did they come fully erected, flat packs we could stack to store are what we expected!!)

muchos grassyass
Old 26-Oct-2005, 22:02

OK, just seen another posting that's answered one part - discs won't go straight on (busa has 5 studs, not 6) but I could get new holes drilled if the locating 'lip' on the hubs are the same diameter.
Calipers should be easier to check.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 22:06
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
I thought most Suzuki's had five bolts holding the disc ,ducati's have six,so the rotors centre's arent compatable,they need to be 320mm across with a 10mm offset to fit the standard set up,the calipers would need an adaptor plate I would think unless they have mounting bolts that are 65mm apart for the later fork bottoms or 40mm for the earlier ones and even then I wouldnt know if they'd fit.
You can always try it one of these long winter nights then you'll know for certain.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 23:36
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

The amalgimation of Engine Braking, Showa forks and Brembos will mean you probably won't notice the difference on a 748.

I understand why you put them on a 'Busa' but the brakes on a 'busa' are pants to begin with, anyway. Brembos aren't.

Sell the AP set and buy an 853 kit with the income.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 00:11

oh well, was only out of interest really...I know the Brembos are good, but the APs are seriously the best I've used - rock solid, plenty of feel plus they're very light...although they rattle like buggery, thought the frontend was about to drop of when I took it out for a test run before buying it!

Luckily for me the AP stuff was on when I bought the bike, so had planned to sell them originally - the Wave discs and Nissins are from my old 'busa, swapped them back to standard ones to sell it on so not laying out any extra cash and should make a fair whack on the AP brakes.